hurtful past leaves unseen scars

Start from the beginning

     Divine heard some voices that arguing sounding from downstairs.

"May, Edward what's this", she said while walking down from the stairs. She wasn't surprise but at this early in the morning.
"What?", she asked again.

"Ma uuwi nalang po kami", sagot niya dito.

"No, it's not safe. Stay here , you and your son", he insisted.

"Please Edward, huwag kang makialam", sagot niya dito.

"May, he's right, it's not safe to go out at this time. Just stay until morning", she ordered.

"Ma please", pakiusap niya.

"What's is really going on?", tanong ni Divine. Dahil hindi niya na gusto ang nakikita niya.

"Ma,I just want to know if he's my son", he's begging.

"Edward, not now",Divine answered back.

"Ma, tell me, do you know about this?", sounding disappointed. 

"Yes Edward", Divine answered back.

"Why you didn't tell me Ma",

"Dahil sinabi ko, dahil ayokong malaman mo, dahil wala kang karapatan" Si Maymay ang sumagot.

"You two, go to the guest and talk about it, not in front of J.E", Divine take J.E from Maymay . "J.E come with me ok, Mommy and Daddy  have something to do", as she look back to the two who was left downstairs,  she gave a look of " fixed it or else".

"May please", he offered his hands to his wife to come with him.

     But no response from Maymay.  She just walk heavily foot towards the guest room. She opened it and seated on the couch.

  Edward followed her on the same room. Once and for all, they need to talk and settled everything. He close the door once he came in. He didn't sit beside her, he stand behind the close door.

"May, can we talk?", he asked again.

"Nag uusap na tayo di ba?, ano ba sa tingin mo ginagawa natin?", she's being sarcastic, no one can blame her , what she felt is anger and hatred.

"I know, but not like this", he's trying to be reasonable . He's trying talk to her in a peaceful way, not like they're arguing.  "Please just talk to me like everyone else, not as a husband if that's what you want", calmly said.

"Good", that's all her replied. She wanted him to feel her coldness,  being stranger to him.

"Is he my son?", how many times he asked that, he can't remember.

"It's none of your business ", tipid na sagot niya.

"Come on May, please answer me, is he my son", his tone was changing time at a time. He doesn't know what to do in this kind of situation. His wife treating him like a stranger,  she was so cold to him.

"Oo, yun ba gusto mong malaman? Oo anak mo siya", pasigaw na sagot niya.

"Why you didn't tell me?, may karapatan din ako malaman ang totoo?"

    Isang sampal ang sagot ni Maymay.

"Karapatan?, alam mo ba sinasabi mo Edward. It was you who take away that rights from him the very start. Now you're telling me that you have the right to know, you don't deserve that",

"He is still my son, I know that you're mad at me",

"No Edward, I'm not mad at you, actually,  I hated you", she corrected.

"Hate me, mad at me...it's ok I accept that but please let me explain "

"Explain...do you hear yourself Edward. Tumayo siya at nagpalakad lakad sa harap ni Edward.
"you want me to listen to you. Ako ba nung gusto ko magpaliwanag, nakinig ka ba sa akin, hindi di ba. So anong karapatan mong sabihin sakin ngayon yan. Gusto kong ipaliwang sayo noon na wala kaming relasyon ni Tristan,  pero nakinig ka ba. Hindi Edward.  Iniwasan mo ako, tinratong parang ibang tao. Halos hindi mo ako kinakausap. Uuwi ka sa bahay na parang hindi mo ako nakita. Ano ako Edward,  tau-tauhan. Ngayon Edward sasabihin mo sa akin na makinig ako sayo, unfair ka Edward", lahat ng galit niya noon,lahat yon nanumbalik.

"I know everything and I'm sorry, I was wrong,  I talked to him and he told me everything, I'm sorry for doubting you. I was got jealous and mad at the same time", he explained.

"Wow, buti pa pala siya at pinakingggan mo. Tapos na pala eh, so ano pang dapat nating pag usapan?",pagkasabi niya non, Tina big niya si Edward at akmang bubuksan ang pinto.

To be continued...

Next chapter you will read the famous line from My ex and why's

"Maymay ang tagal tagal na non"
"Yung matagal na yon, nandito parin"

[Cry as much as you want, but make sure that when you stop crying, you'll never cry for the same reason again]

Happy reading folks 👍👎👊