hurtful past leaves unseen scars

[Sometimes words can hurt you so much than a sharp knife does]

"Mommy I'm hungry ", nagising si J.E bandang 2 am ...nakaramdam ito ng gutom dahil hindi siya nag dinner.

"You didn't eat anything last night kasi, get up baby, I'll get you some food in the ref, your grandma left some food just for you", 

"I love my grandma", he said.

"They all love you too baby, come on get up get up", she said then grab his little hands to help him to get up from the bed.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

     He was lying in the couch, he can't fall into sleep. He was in deep thought about everything. When he heard footsteps sounding from the second floor, going down to the stairs. It was dim, only lamp from the table and a small chandelier from their kitchen was lighted. He saw two shadow walking down to stairs...a girl and a little boy. He seated as their about to reach the floor...he was far from them. He's watching from behind. Then tried to hear what are they talking.

"Mommy, I want some fried chicken and ice cream" While seating on the chair.

"No ice cream baby, it's only past 2 am, you should eat something hot,

"Ok, can I have some cake  instead? ", his chin resting on the top of the table.

"Ok baby, but later after you eat", she heated the chicken and some pasta for J.E.

"Hi", Edward coming from behind.

"Ay bushak", nabitawan niya ang sandok,  good thing  it was made from wood so it won't cost to much noise.

"Sorry, who is he?, he asked. J.E  was still not looking at him so he didn't recognize that he was the kid he met before at the mall.

   Then J.E slowly look up to him.

"Hey, it's you", Edward smiled after recognizing the kid.

"Mommy, he's the guy who gave me some food when I'm lost in the mall", he smiled at Edward.

"He's not that J.E,  maybe just look like him, come on just eat then we will go back to sleep", she hurriedly give J.E the plate and the food. Honestly di niya alam gagawin niya. Heto na nagkita na pala sila,  and this time parang they were cornered in a situation na hindi niya alam ang gagawin niya. Taranta, yun siya.

"May can we talk", edward asked while he's walking behind his wife.

"J.E hurry baby,  mommy was sleepy na", she went through the other side of the table , avoiding Edward.

"May please, can we talk", Edward followed him.

"Edward please!", she answered with "that look"...stay away

"I just want to know, is he my son?", he was frustrated and scared. Frustrated to know the truth and scared that maybe if he is...she won't give him a chance for him to be a father to J.E.

"J.E are you done, let's go", she grabbed his hands and pull him to go upstairs.

"May wait", Edward grab her hands and stopping her from leaving him behind.

"Edward ano ba?", medyo napalakas na ang boses niya.

"May please , just answer me, is he my son?", he asked again, he felt his tears down from his cheeks.

"You're son or not, it doesn't matter Edward,  can you please let me go", sabay hila niya sa braso  niya.

"I just want to know", he said after he let go of her hands.