Chapter 14: He'll Always Be There

I woke up in the Infirmary room. I looked around. Then I looked up into eyes that belonged to Budo.

"Why are you always making me end up in the Infirmary." I only saw him. I was expecting Aso to be here as well but I didn't see a trace of him at all.

"I dunno," he said but his face is like an open book with big letters on them. Let's just say it would be something Aso would think of.

"You pervert," I told him what I knew he was thinking.

He blushed and looked away trying to deny it. He is so adorable when he blushes. I laughed not able to contain it any longer.

"Wha...what? I didn't mean to think like that. I blame Aso." He stared out the window looking at the schools great view.

"The view is nice from here," I said still smiling.

"I love to look and relax when I see a beautiful view like this," he commented. "That's why I like to look at you so much."

"Stop joking like that or someone is going to believe you. Jeez Masuta senpai you're so mean." I laughed and playfully smacked his chest.

"How do you know I am joking?" Budo wiggled his eyebrow which made me burst into tears of laughter.

"Masuta senpai, you need to stop killing me." Once I stopped laughing I got in a more serious tone. "So where is Aso?"

"If I heard correctly he should be at swimming practise doing laps and stuff. He really wanted to come though." I never thought that Budo would be honest about the fact that Aso wanted to be here. He seemed to be in too much competition with his that I would have never seen that coming. At least I know no matter what he is honest and plays fair.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" I looked him in the eye hoping for a straight forward answer.

"That was really sudden," he joked. "Now for my honest answer that would have to be no. No one can fall in love just by looking at someone. If anything they just think the other person looks cute. It takes awhile to know you're in love."

"Sometimes," Aso said as he walked in. "Sometimes people know faster then others."

"Go away," Budo complained.

"Revenge for when you did that me," Aso grinned in response. "Someone wants to apologise for leaving and suddenly appearing. Sorry you have to talk to the brat."

As Aso said brat Budo immediately knew who he was talking about. Budo's face became dreamy and like he was in a dream he could have never woken from.

He happily walked out the room. Aso however sighed and stayed in the room. "Come out of bed," he beckoned. "I guess it is kind of both of our business. He is talking to Asu."

Those words convinced me and I carefully snuck out of bed. I snuck over to the door and gently pressed my ear against it.

"Wow," Budo exclaimed. "So the rumors you're back are true."

"You bet," I heard a proud female voice say. It must be Asu's. "I got back on my feet in no time."

"In no time?" Budo said calmly. "Don't you think you're exaggerating a tad bit. I mean you were gone for nearly a few weeks!"

"You are always sweating the details," she joked.

"So what did you call me out here for Asu?"

"Well," there were sounds of her shifting her feet as if she was getting to a touchy subject. "Last year was quite a disaster for me. I am so sorry I acted like a baby and freaked out and stopped going to school in days. I am so much better now. Please forgive me and let this year be a good one."

I quietly and slowly opened the Infirmary door a little bit. My eyes peaked over and saw nothing of much importance. He just nodded and she happily wandered off.

Then he noticed me spying on him. "Were you watching everything?"

I giggled. "No but I heard everything."

Aso and Budo exchanged glances. Budo's expression lit up but Aso's remained remorseful. It looked like he felt sorry for Budo. I didn't get it at the time. They wouldn't tell me anything.