Hair Salon and Finally Free... Sort of

Start from the beginning

"There is no helping that. It wasn't going to get any better. It probably won't even if you managed to get your hands on a hairbrush. Your hair was only going to get worse and worse. I just sped up the process," I laughed.

It was strange. I was laughing more while here stuck in a cell with this strange speedster than I had since before my parents died. Pietro just sat quietly in response. Sighing, I grabbed some of my now black hair. The dark curls were in horrible knots and there were major split ends. As of now my hair reached all the way down to my lower back.

"Looks like I'm gonna need to get mine cut a bit once we get out of here," I muttered.

"Hopefully Strucker will have work for us soon. It gets boring in this cell." Pietro stated.

"Hey! I'm not boring," I yelled, poking him in the side.

"You know what I meant," he replied.

Sighing, I nodded. Then, an idea came to mind.

"Alright. I'm cutting my hair," I stated.

Pietro raised an eyebrow curiously as I went to the corner of the room. Wordlessly, I flicked my wrist. A razor sharp knife made out of ice appeared in my hand. I flipped my hair over my shoulder an examined it carefully. 

"Hmm... Maybe down to the end of my shoulder blades," I mused

Grabbing all of my thick hair in one hand, I used to knife to cut through it with zero resistance. Holding the cut off hair in one hand, I yelled to a guard and asked him to bring me a waste basket. Silently, he did. The brown haired guard brought in the basket and walked back out wordlessly.

"First one who didn't seem terrified," I noted once the guard had disappeared up the stairs once more.

I boredly tossed my hair into the wastebasket and sat on my cot. Of course, I got unbearably bored after a few minutes and started messing with Pietro's hair. He didn't say a word, just stared at me.

"If I had scissors I'd cut it," he stated, flicking some of his hair out of his eyes.

"I might be able to help with that. But if it works then I'll have to cut it seeing as you can't exactly touch ice for very long," I responded.

I thought for a moment and a pair of scissors appeared in my hand after a few moment. Curiously, I opened and closed them to ensure they worked. Then, I walked over to Pietro.

"This should be fun," I said, ruffling his hair a bit.

I lowered the scissors to his hair. Luckily he was sitting which made this a lot easier.

"Have you ever cut a guy's hair before?" Pietro asked, sounding slightly worried.

"No," I replied, making the first cut before he could respond.

"That's reassuring," he muttered as I continued to cut his hair.

Shrugging, I cut once more. It took a while but eventually it was fairly even and short enough not to fall into his face. (A/n: his current hair in the avengers is how it looks now in case you didn't guess.) 

"Done," I said, making the scissors melt into a small puddle.

"Should I be scared?" Pietro asked as I pointed to the mirror.

"No," I replied.

Quietly, he made his way to the mirror and inspected it. A grin broke out on his face.

"Thank you," he smiled.

"No problem. It still needs to be brushed though," I stated, eyeing his hair with a stoic expression.

The boy rolled his eyes and helped me clean up the hair before sitting down on a cot next to me. It was only moments later that Von Strucker appeared in front of the cell.

"Good news. You three will be free to wander the headquarters as you please, however, you may not leave the grounds without a guard until I say so," he stated.

Pietro and I glanced at each other and got up, walking out the cell simultaneously. We watched in silence as Wanda was released as well. The three of us quietly walked up the stairs behind Baron Von Strucker. I was curious as to how long it would be before Strucker would give us a job. I would get bored quickly staying in or near the base all the time. I could tell Wanda and Pietro felt the same way as we glanced at Loki's scepter. The scepter which had given us our powers.

"I feel like there is much more to that gem than what we know," I murmured, reaching towards the glowing blue stone.

"I agree. It's as though they have only scratched the surface," Wanda replied quietly.

"The question is, when they find out the gem's true potential... How will they decide to use it?" Pietro stated.

"We won't know until it happens," I responded, drawing my hand back from the scepter.