Say What???

"Hey,"Meredith greeted the girls standing next to her locker.They just sniffed and she sighed.It wasn't unusual.No one wanted to talk to the thin,sad,pale girl anyway.She tried to be a little social,but it didn't work,so she resigned herself to wallpaper mode.Replacing her Geography textbook and picking her History one,she hurried to her next class.It was one of her favourite because atleast,Bree would be here.Entering the class as quietly as possible,she sat down next to Bree who was giggling with one of the guys near her.As soon as Meredith sat down,Bree rounded on her.

"Hey,did you hear the announcement on the PAD?",she asked,barely restraining herself from bouncing up and down on her seat.

"Which one? ",Merry asked with knitted brows as she tried to concentrate on Bree and History teacher at once.

"We're gonna have prom,"Bree almost shouted and Merry shushed her sharply.

"Its not prom.its just a small graduation party,"Merry corrected as Bree liked to exaggerate.

"Its prom,"Bree insisted,"Well,what are you gonna wear,Oh My God,we need to go shopping,"Bree was no.longer whispering now.

Mr.Dele noticed them now and called sharply,"Miss Jones,would you mind telling me what you and Miss Willis are discussing that is more important than The Independence Of Nigeria? ,"he asked peering at them from under his glasses.

Merry immediately bowed her head as every member of the class glared at her.But it was Bree who responded,excitedly,"Sir,its the graduation party.I was the one talking,not Meredith,".Mr.Dele looked sternly at the girls before letting the matter rest and continuing with his lecture.Meredith breathed a sigh of relief and flashed Bree a grateful look,even though she was the cause of it all.

   The rest of the claas was uneventful and everyone shuffled outside for recess while Meredith sat down quietly thinking about the party and whether she should damn the consequences and invite Vince.Her vibrating phone drew her out of her reverie.It was from Bree..Come on down for lunch,scaredy-cat,it said and Merry smiled,picking up her books and shoving it in her locker.

  Lunch was always a noisy and messy affair.Bree always kept a seat beside her for Meredith but other people always end up sitting there leaving Merry squeezed and neglected in a corner.Bree always tries to draw Merry into their funny talks but Merry's shyness coupled with her loner reputation always make others generally ignore her.Today was no different and Merry just sat as still as possible,with her thoughts for company.That is,untill...."Hey,Jones.",Merry glanced up,it was one of the girls from the locker earlier today,"You have one of the highest grades.Are you gonna be the valecditorian,"she asked twisting her hair around her fingers.Merry smiled,"I don't know.We still have two sessions ahead.Someone might have higher grades,"Merry said,warming up to a conversation.

"Okay",she just said and went back to talking to.her friends.Merry sighed softly and went back to eating.

Bree's POV....:(:(.:

I watched Merry from the corner of mt eye talking to Deb who just looked bored and turned back to her group.Merry's shoulders slumped and so did mine.I felt bad for her.No one talked to her because of her reputation as a bore.I wanted to scream at everyone that she was not.She was just a hurt teenager.I sighed as Pete poked me in the ribs,telling a joke.I laughed because it was expected and turned back to.look at Merry.

She was gone....

Merry's POV./:****°°

  The noise in the lunchroom was just too much.I went out towards the football field for a breath of fresh air.Around corners,i saw groups of boys and girls scattered about necking each other.I sighed.It really hurts to be labelled as a bore,a loner,a misfit,a round peg in a square hole.It is wrenching,but i couldn't stop the reputation from spreading.Even the junior students avoid me.

  I heard her shouting before she came into view.It was Bree,running,her hair flying around her face.I smiled and waited.She skidded to a stop in front of me,out of breath and panting.

"I turned around and you were gone,"she said,pointing a finger at me accusingly.

"Yeah",i said smiling."It was noisy in there,"

"Hmmn hmmn,",she said,still catching her breath.

I continued walking,leaving her to follow slowly,"You're sad,"she commented in a wry tone.

I did turn this time and stared at her,"Perhaps,I am.I'm tired,you know.Of everything.Everyone.Judging.Looking.I want to be happy,really i do.But,its hard.Mighty hard.I feel everyday like I'm going down,down.sinking,drowning and not able to help.it.I feel weighed down.Helpless.I have these nightmares of me going crazy and shouting in my mum's graveyard.It keeps me awake the better part of the night.I keep wanting to just pick up a knife and slash my wrists..."Bree's eyes widened and i continued,wiping my tears,"But,i won't.I want to live.For you.For me.For my dad.For the world,"I finished,feeling relieved and less burdened after talking to Bree.I've never talked to Bree about how i felt and now i felt even closer to her.

"Oh,Merry...I'm so sorry.",Bree was crying even harder than me.And we just held each other as we found release.

Bree's POV:)^^^^

  Finally,Merry talked to.me about how she feels.I just can't believe how much she suffers in silence.I have to help her.I just have to.

  I tore myself from her embrace and broke out into a run,making for the main building.I just have to do something.Anything.To save my friend.

  Merry ran after me,screaming,but an idea was forming in my head and as I ran,the idea blossomed into a plan.

   I reached the building and raced to the admin block,just in time to see Ms.Juwon enter the principal's office.Leaving her post vacant.I took a deep breath and raised the counter,sliding in easily.With shaking hands,i lifted the PAD and started my announcement somberly.

"Good day,my fellow students.Its Brianna Willis and i have a special announcement to make."I began steadily,tears thick in my voice,"Its about my friend,Meredith Jones."

  It had begun...

Yay!!!!even i can't wait to see what Bree is up to..Pleeaseeee,like,vote,share and comment..