Oh, Merlin

Tina's POV

Queenie, Jacob, and I stood along the destroyed street. I know I had seen Jeanne and Newt come down this way.

There was so much dust and debris in the air that the street lights provided little visibility. They merely provided a yellow haze over us as we walked, searching for our friends.

As we neared the entrance to the subway station, I saw flashing lights of some kind of emergency automobile. We moved closer.

There were crowds of people, most likely No-Majs, talking loudly about the events on the street to police.

There were several ambulances and emergency response people helping people with injuries. It was chaotic even after the Obscurus.

Then, I spotted Madam Picquery pushing through the crowd to an ambulance. Someone was with her: Newt.

"Newt! Mr. Scamander!" I called, but he didn't hear me.

"What? Where is he?" asked Queenie, trying to look over people.

Jacob appeared beside us after pushing through the crowd, clutching Newt's case.

"He's getting into the ambulance," I said, pointing. "There . . . See there's Madam Picquery."

"Well, at least he's walking," said Jacob. "But, uh—"

"The only reason he'd be getting into an ambulance," I started. "unharmed for that matter, would be if—"

"Right," said Jacob.

"Jeanne," we said in unison.

Aurors began Obliviating the ranting No-Majs.

"C'mon," said Queenie, pulling Jacob along. "Or we might get Obliviated too."

"Let's just try the nearest hospital," I said. And with that, Queenie grabbed Jacob and we Disapperated.

~~~

Once checked in as visitors, we walked right through a wall into the magical part of the hospital. Jacob nearly wet himself with wonder as we walked through.

We nearly sprinted to the front desk. "Hi, is someone named Jeanne here?" I asked quickly and worriedly.

"Might also be with a Newt Scamander," added Queenie.

The receptionist ran over her clipboard of names. "Yes, a Newt Scamander was brought in with a female just about . . ." she checked her watch. "five minutes ago," she said with a thick, New York accent.

We all breathed a sigh of relief. "Where are they?" I asked.

"Mr. Scamander's in the waiting room just through there," she said, gesturing with her pen. "Not sure where the female he was brought in with is . . . My best guess is she's being fixed up now, depending on how severe it is."

"Okay, thank you so much!" said Queenie. We ran to the door of the waiting room.

"Wait." said Jacob. "We gotta be quiet. The may be people in here, you know . . . that may have lost someone . . . waitin' on some big news."

"Right," said me and Queenie. We took a deep breath and opened the door slowly.

I scanned the room spotting Newt in his iconic, tattered blue coat. He held his face in his hands, hunched over in the seat. We approached him cautiously.

"Newt?" Queenie said softly, putting a hand on his shoulder. He looked up, his freckled face was red from crying.

"You're here," Newt said with a small smile, his voice hoarse. He hugged all of us at once.

"Of course we are," said Jacob. We took the seats next to Newt.

"I've been so worried," said Newt, sniffing. "Sorry," he said, apologizing for crying.

"No, don't be," I said. "Jeanne, she's going to be fine, right? I mean, she survived nearly bleeding out with her wings cut off. That's crazy . . . What I'm trying to say is that she's strong; Jeanne's a fighter, Newt. She won't give up on you that easily."

"Tina, you don't understand . . ." Newt started. "I saw her ribs!" he whispered. Newt sounded horrified.

"You mean like, she's skinny and . . ." started Jacob.

"No . . ." started Newt. "I mean like . . . Oh, Merlin," he whispered. Newt put his hand back over his face.

I looked over at Jacob who looked slightly aghast

I looked over at Jacob who looked slightly aghast. Queenie put her hand over her mouth in shock. I put my hand to my forehead, beginning to tear up with worry as well.

~~~

We waited for what seemed like an eternity.

Finally, "Mr. Scamander?" said a voice.

We all looked up.

"We have her stable . . . For now." said the doctor. "If you'd like to visit, now's the time."