3. To The Eyes, The Blood & The Soul

2 days and 7 hours after the witch and the vampire have been prisoned yet they felt like more than that. The guards gave them foods and water under the son of Alpha's command but they did not gave the vampire blood; animal's or not. Yet the vampire stay calm and control even when his throat burn for blood and the monster inside him wanted to be free and drinks that sweet vanilla scent from the witch. He sat at the far corner where the sun will shine from the small window and trap him there, limiting his movement. The witch might be kind to cast a spell so he could bear under sun but he asked her not to for her own sake. The witch obey his wish and felt a bit of guilty for the vampire as she was in a life debt to him and the werewolf.

The son of Alpha woke up after 2 days of the incident. He couldn't believe he was out for that long but the pack doctor said that he could have die due to poison in his system and the blood loss but the poison was almost gone which he had to thank for the vampire blood for backing up as his temporary antibodies and the witch did good job in extracting the venom out and holding the pressure on his wound. He knew he owe them big time to both of his common enemies. He could have gone to find them and talk if his father didn't stop him and demand what happened. The son calmed his raging father and promise he'll get the answers as soon as possible after he talks to the witch and vampire and asked him father to double the security.

The prison's entrance creaks open and the son of Alpha decend from the stairs and get to their cell. They have kept these two under the same cell which it was the reason why the vampire sat as far as he can from the witch. The witch and the vampire look up as the son of Alpha made himself present and the witch sighed in relief. "By the goddess, I thought I've failed to save you."

"I hate to admit that it's all thanks to you both for the blood and removing the poison off." He answered and ordered the guard to open the cell. "I'm sorry for the lack of hospitality. Let's talk somewhere clean."

"Well your generousity to let me stay in the cell and spare my life are already enough, son of Alpha." The vampire said. "It's been a while since I 'hang out' under the sun."

"For a vampire king, I'm surprise you haven't have a talisman for yourselves." The werewolf said, crossing his hands across his chest as he observed the vampire king at corner.

The vampire held a finger. "First; it's ex-vamp king because I'm too lazy to take responsible now and second; I'm sure both the witch and I are surprise that you knew about the talisman shit."

The witch was evenly surprised when the vampire mention her but what he said was true and she was impressed with this future Alpha. The son of Alpha just shrug like it's just a small matter when the truth is he was always curious to know about other creatures. He look at the witch, covered in dried muds and leaves yet she didn't complain at all. "You got the energy to cast spell for him?"

"Can you promise me a warm shower before we begin your interrogation?" She give him her puppy look.

The son of Alpha was unflattered of course but he nods his head. "And some clean clothes if you guys wish."

The witch beam in delight and her eyes flash violet and she flick her finger once. "Done. Let's go, grandpa. You smelled like a dead fish." She said the last 2 sentence to the vampire as she get up.

He blink at her carefree self since every witch he had encounter give him either a murderous look or dirty one but never a smiling witch. He shove the little warning sign aside because he got good feeling for this witch. He gave her a pointed look and point to himself. "You're calling this forever young man a grandpa? You need an eye check, witchy." He said and got up. The sunlight touch his skin and he observed in amazed as his skin did not get burn under the light.