Chapter 8 - Brawl on Galuna Island!

Start from the beginning

Natsu groaned. "But it won't be night for a couple hours!"

--------------------

A Few Hours Later...

Natsu was snoring peacefully on the ground, with Happy nestled up on his stomach.

"Well, that was fast." Airel joked, laying against a rock.

"Aye." Happy said.

Roxas cracked an eye open and looked at him. "And he was just complaining about waiting too..." He too was laying on the ground getting some rest.

Lucy sighed. "Even though we agreed to wait, this is still boring." She then smiled as an idea came to her. "Open, Gate of the Lyre: Lyra!"

In a bright flash of light, Lyra appeared.

"Oh Lucy! You haven't summoned me in ages!" Lyra chimed.

"That's because I can only summon you in very certain times..." Lucy said with a sweatdrop.

Happy just sat there with a blank expression on his face. "Great another weirdo..." he muttered.

"Well at least she's not a downer." Airel said.

"Wow, I haven't seen this spirit before." Roxas said and sat up to greet the spirit. In the time of his childhood with Lucy, he knew that she really loved her spirits and treated them like friends. It was just like he was with everyone he met at the guild. So far, he had only known a couple of Lucy's spirits: Horologium, Cancer, Virgo, Plue, and Aquarius. Roxas chuckled remembering the reunion with the mermaid.

Upon seeing Roxas, a sly smile grew on Lyra's face. "Oh~? Is this the rumored Roxas I've been hearing so much about in the Celestial Spirit World?"

Lucy's face heated up. Just what were they talking about in the spirit world?

Roxas grinned at the spirit. "That's me! Nice too meet you, Lyra."

Lyra blinked at the boy before cooing and hugging the mage in a full embrace. "Aw~ You're so adorable! It's nice to finally meet you Roxas!"

"Hehe" Roxas laughed a bit sheepishly as the girl let him go.

Lucy sighed. She wondered how the other spirits were going to react to Roxas. "Hey, do you mind playing a song, your choice."

"Maybe a song will be good for all of us." Airel agreed.

The spirit nodded happily and began playing on her harp and she began to sing a very soothing song and this made Natsu smile in his sleep, Happy sits on a rock and he looks completely calm. Airel was lying down on the ground and this made her smile as well, Lucy had her eyes closed as she listened with a smile as well.

'Not bad.' Roxas thought and leaned back onto his spot. The song was a bit sad, but it very calming and pleasant to listen too.

Gray had other thoughts on his mind and the song made him think of his master, Ur. Gray began to flashback to when he was first learning to used his Ice magic.

The song brought back so much and this forces a tear down Gray's face and Lucy was quick to notice this as Lyra finished her song. "Gray, are you crying?" she asked.

"I am not!" he denied.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, Gray." Airel assured.

"I'm not ashamed of nothin, cause I wasn't crying." He said with a little more anger in his voice.

"Okay, we'll believe you." Lucy said. "Lyra, sing something happier." Lucy said to the spirit.

"Okay, Lucy!" she exclaimed happily.