Prologue

Throughout this story there will be songs. Please please listen to them for the full effect. I try to match the songs as best as I can to the overall feel of the chapters. 

++++

SONG: Cruel World // Lana Del Rey

Smoke filled the room and the strong smell of alcohol seeped through the rooms of the small apartment. The only light being provided was the small table lamp on the other side of the room, slow intimate music was playing loudly through the speakers and everyone danced with each other, grinding and being unbelievably close with each other. There were a few teenagers roughly the same age of Ivy, sitting on the seedy couch chugging shots with cheers and using bongs. This was just the casual night for Ivy.
She leaned forward on her seat and took a puff and leaned back in her seat, blowing the smoke into the air, letting it fill the room. She sighed in content, closing her eyes, letting the substances and smell take her over completely.

"Hey Ivy, look at Serena and Chase over there" Zuri said, nudging Ivy in the right arm. Ivy opened her eyes and looked over at the pair in the opposite corner of the room, roughly going at each other.

"Hey get a room you two!" A guy next to Zuri yelled laughing loudly. The pair smiled and moved off into one of the many bedrooms in the apartment.

Many of the guests had left the party, leaving Ivy, Zuri and a few of Zuri's other friends sitting in a pathetic circle playing spin the bottle. Ivy had been one of the best players of the night, being successful in making out with 3 of the groups' members. Ivy spun the bottle watching it spin unevenly in a circle, everyone watching it closely, while taking a few sneaky puffs of their cigarette to take the edge off.
The bottle came to a slow and wobbly stop at a guy sitting on the opposite side of the circle from Ivy. Everyone cheered and Ivy stood up and walked over to her partner. He smiled at her as she sat down on him, straddling his waist, pulling him closer to her, kissing him deeply. It was quite evident, the whole group of people were very high and very drunk and weren't in any sort of condition to be making smart decisions. They sat there for a while going at each other.

"Bedroom! Bedroom! Bedroom!" The group chanted.

Ivy rested her forehead on her partners, taking a few breaths. She got off of him and allowed him to pick her up, being able to wrap her legs around his torso and being light enough to be carried up a few steps into an empty room. The group cheered loudly and drunk as they closed the door behind them, locking it.

Ivy kissed him again the second time that night deeply and he responded back the same way.

"Guess I should tell you the name to call out" he said quietly, almost cheekily and suggestively. Ivy smiled in response, biting her lip.

"Ivy" She responded, out of breath, latching herself to his neck. He let out a breathy laugh, sitting down on the bed, Ivy still straddling him.

"Adam" He said before roughly placing a kiss on Ivy's lips, placing his arms around her waist.

Adam started moving his hands around, making it's way to the bottom of Ivy's black sweater, slowly removing it, letting go of her briefly for it to get around her head, leaving her in her shorts and undergarments. She did the same, quickly removing his black t-shirt, exposing the light abs forming on his chest. Ivy took control and pushed Adam down slowly on the bed, letting herself be top. He smiled, impressed.

She leaned over and started kissing and lightly bighting his neck while his hands started wandering.

This part of the night was as of usual for Ivy and her friends. People often commented about how she used to be the good girl at school, would be modest and wait for the perfect time to lose her virginity and wouldn't ever smoke or drink. Then gossiping around finding out she'd done the exact opposite. She wanted to blame it on her Father. For when she was around the age of six, she had first handedly seen her own Father cheating on her Mother with some other woman, who was much younger than her Mother was. That's when her brother Sydney found out and quickly notified his Mother, warning Ivy to stay in her room. Being six at the time, she didn't think much of it and played with her dolls and coloured in. Not realising that in a short 10-15 minutes, her whole life would change.
At the age of 15 she fell into the "bad crowd" and lost her virginity at a racy game of Truth or Dare. She didn't even remember the other persons name nor did she really care about it at the time.

Sometimes her other self would appear and she'd be her somewhat usual self. Tame, quiet, calm, shy Ivy. The girl the world grew up with before everything turned for worse. Or for better. But then her 'Inner Demons' or 'Blurryface' she named him; would turn up and completely change her, tormenting her and talking to her in the back of her head. Whispering:

"Let me come out and play"

"Just this once Ivy. You know you want to"

She could just visualise a dark figure smiling darkly in her mind. At first she was scared and kept screaming for him to go away or to go haunt someone else. But after a few years, she'd learn to tolerate him and keep him under control. Some of the time. But in times like this, he was in full control of everything she did. And the next morning, she wouldn't even remember a thing.

She never explained it to her Mother; scared she'd get sent off somewhere and treated like shit. Just like being at home, just with other human beings. She was already on medication for her depression but when Blurry came to visit, she would never take it. Even when she was her usual self, she'd resist taking it and throw it in the garbage, lying straight to her Mother's face that she took her dose for the day.

For now it was just her body going along with Adam's knowing that in the morning, she'd most likely forget the previous nights events. Going back to being lectured by her Mother and her older brother. She just took her time and focused on the now. The now being him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can tell just by this prologue/chapter, this story is very.....different to what I usually write about.

Trigger warning for this story. There is a lot of mentions of depression and self harm. If you're easily triggered or cringe at these things, go ahead and leave. There will also be a bit of violence, excessive alcohol and drug use and inappropriate language (swearing etc.) There is also a bit of sexual activity/mentions In this story as well.

So this would prolly be more aimed at ages 14/15+

Not that I can stop you from reading this if you're younger. Just don't blame me if you get messed up from this or get triggered. Cause technically, I did tell you so.

Have a good day!

Stay Street

~Emily