Male! Jessica Rabbit X Detective Reader Ch. 3

The next day, you were barely awake while you're still resting on your bed since yesterday. You found Roger Rabbit in your apartment and what's worse was that Judge Doom and the Toon Partol were looking for him. However, Roger was actually framed for murder and the real murderer was out there somewhere in Hollywood.

You sighed to yourself as you knew that the real killer was after Marvin Acme's will, but the problem was where it is. Also, you let Donnie to look after Roger Rabbit, who's now hiding in the secret basement at the terminal diner. You had to find the real killer and clear Roger Rabbit's name once and for all. Also, you'll need to find Acme's will before someone finds it first.

You muttered to yourself as you didn't get enough sleep, "At least just let me get some beauty sleep for now..."

Last night, you were actually recollecting the night you first met Jesse Rabbit, Roger Rabbit's nephew and the singer of the Ink and Paint Club. You were totally and mostly embarrassed about that moment you were on the stage with him during his performance. You couldn't get that memory out of your head since then. That was one and only reason that you didn't get enough sleep. As you tried to stop thinking about it, you closed your (e/c) eyes for the moment until you heard a familiar voice.

"Ms. (L/n)? Ms. (L/n)?"

You opened your eyes so wide surprisingly and shockly as you quickly got off from your bed and put on a short silky robe that matched your slip (f/c) nightgown. As you arrived at your office following the familiar voice, you were taken aback as you stared at the man clad in red dumbstruck. Of course, the familiar man was none other than Jesse Rabbit. You don't know why is he here at your office. You realized that you somehow didn't lock the door last night because Toon Patrol shot the door when they were looking for Roger.

You stood still as Jesse talked to you while staring at the window.

"You've got the wrong idea about me, Ms. (L/n). I'm a pawn in this, just like Uncle Roger. Can you help me find him?" You realized that Jesse asked you to find his uncle which you actually were trying to protect him from Judge Doom and his minions. Jesse took a glance at you and said, "Just name your price and and I'll pay it."

You crossed your arms as you replied, "Yeah right, I bet you would. You've gotta have that rabbit uncle of yours to make the scam work."

"No, no, no. I love my uncle. You've got me all wrong. You don't know how hard it is being a man looking the way I do," explained Jesse as he walked past you in slow and long strides with his gloved hands on his hips.

You then turned around, staring at Jesse while still crossing your arms, as you stated, "Really? You don't know how hard it is being a woman looking at the man the way you do."

"I'm not bad," Jesse remarked as he turned his head at you, flipping his bangs. "I'm just drawn that way."

You felt a little intimidated the way Jesse stared at you and asked him about the other night at the club, "But didn't I catch you playing patty-cake with your number one admirer?"

"You didn't catch me, Ms. (L/n). You were set up to take those pictures."

You became shocked as you didn't know that you actually were set up all this time.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Maroon wanted to blackmail Merry," he explained about Maroon's blackmail to you. "I didn't want to have anything to do with it, but he said if I didn't pose for those patty-cake pictures, Uncle Roger would never work in this town again."

You couldn't believe that Maroon was trying to blackmail Merry and he set you up on taking patty-cake pictures of her and Jesse. Jesse then walked slowly towards you which you stepped backward, matching his pace.