Male! Jessica Rabbit X Detective Reader Ch.1

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong with Toontown? Everyone loves Toontown."

"Well then find another detective for your dirty work because I'm not doing it." You answered as you explained your reason for not taking the job to spy on Jesse Rabbit.

"Easy, girl. You don't want to go to Toontown? Then you don't have to go to Toontown. Nobody said you had to go to Toontown anyway," Maroon replied as he told you that you didn't have to go to Toontown. "Have a seat, Ms. (L/n)."

He led you to the chair as you sat on it while Maroon walked to his office chair.

"The rabbit's nephew sings at a joint called the Ink and Paint Club," explained Maroon. "Toon Revue. Strictly humans only, okay? So what do you think, Ms. (L/n)?"

You hesitated as you found out Jesse Rabbit was a singer and he worked at the Ink and Paint Club. You became unsure that you really were going to do Maroon's dirty work.

"Well?" You noticed that Maroon was waiting for your answer. Having no choice, you stood up from the chair and walked to the window.

"This job will cost you a hundred bucks," You explained the total cost for him to hire you.

"A hundred bucks?!" shocked Mr. Maroon. "That's ridiculous!"

"So's the job." You replied sharply as you glanced at Maroon.

"All right, all right. You got your hundred bucks," Maroon assured you that you'll receive the total of cash. "Go have a nice view outside from the window, (Y/n)."

You then stared at the window and you watched people accidentally dropped a crate of cartoon instruments. The cartoon instruments started to play and people, who worked at this Maroon studio, started to chase after them and bring them back to the crate. You laughed a little as you continued to watch them until something suddenly appeared in front of you, scaring you out of nowhere.

You screamed as you took a step back away from something in front of you. Maroon heard your scream and noticed you got scared by a flying elephant outside of the window.

"Why so scared, Ms. (Y/n)? It's just Dumbo," Maroon reassured that something outside of the window was actually Dumbo the Flying Elephant.

"I know who it is." You replied as you noticed that Maroon finished writing the hundred dollar check and you took it from his hands.

"I got him on loan from Disney, him and half the cast of Fantasia. The best part is," Maroon took a handful of peanuts and gave Dumbo by throwing them out of the window. "they work for peanuts."

"Well, I don't work for peanuts..." You watched Dumbo took the peanuts and flew off from Maroon's office. You then showed your check to Maroon and asked, "Where's the other fifty?"

"Let's call the other fifty a carrot to finish the job." Maroon explained that you'll receive the other fifty dollars once you finish the job.

"You know you've been hanging around rabbits too long, Mr. Maroon." You remarked as you left Maroon's office.

You took a long walk in Hollywood and went back to your home office. You checked the mails, only to check they're junk. You later went to the terminal station diner. When you came in, you noticed a trolley driver was unconscious on the table.

You asked one of the guys sitting at the diner, "What's with Earl?"

The guy next to you wrote something on the notepad and showed the message to you.

"Laid off?" You replied.

"A new outfit bought the Red Car. Some big company called Cloverleaf." said the African American man wearing a military outfit.