Who does Sub like?

It took forever to scrub off. The words did sting, and they also weren't true. Evan needed to pay. But it was almost impossible to do so.

I hated Evan with all my heart. Right at that moment, I didn't know what to do. Except smile when Sub and Jenny helped me scrub the hateful words off.

"That Evan," Jenny fumed, "how do we get rid of him? He's such a liar!"

Just then, Sam walked past. "You guys okay?" Then her eyes trailed to the cabin door. "Oh.....Evan did this, didn't he?"

I nodded tearfully.

Sam turned around. "Where is he?"

Jenny shrugged. "He just disappeared. He's pretty fast."

"He sprayed it in this paint.... this paint that's supposed to last until the end of time, so it can't really come off." I explained, while the hot water dripped from the sponge down my arm. It really hurt and that's what made me cry, not because Evan was bullying me.

Sub looked at me in alarm and hugged me. "It's okay," he whispered.

I nodded slowly. That made me feel much better.

I fixed the cap on my head and my eyes darted round. I saw Evan lying in the grass and when he spotted me looking at him, he waved cheerfully.

I really wanted to walk right up to him and give him a hard slap.

But the more I thought of hot water, the more a plan formed in my head. Jenny saw my look and smiled. Samantha and Sub stood there, bewildered.

"Listen up, guys," Jenny smiled and we got into a huddle. "Here's what we're going to do."

*********************

It was late at night when our plan went underway. Sub, Jenny, Sam and I snuck over to Evan's dorm with the bucket of hot water which had now gone cold. We trekked through long grass and finally reached Evan's dorm.

Evan was fast asleep. Sam walked over to him and slowly lifted his hand. Then Jenny came and placed his hand in the bucket of cold water. We giggled quietly.

Sam, Jenny and I left, while Sub quietly climbed into bed.

Evan better watch out in the morning, that's all!

********************

Evan crashed his bowl of cereal on the table angrily and glared at Sam who just ignored him.

"Samantha, I'm breaking up with you." Evan growled. "It's not me, it's you."

Sam stared at him for a while and for a moment I thought she was going to start crying. But she simply smiled, and said, "Good riddance."

Evan glared at Sub next. "Hey, Sub, I betcha you've never had a girlfriend."

Sub looked at him and said really quietly, "yeah and so what?"

Evan laughed. I reached under the table and held Sub's hand.

Then that's when I noticed a shy girl from across the table looking over. "Y-you've never had a girlfriend?"

Sub shook his head and blushed. "No."

The girl looked down. "Oh."

"Who do you like, Sub?" Jenny asked, blushing slightly. "I mean, if you had to choose anyone here, who would it be?"

Sub looked at me. Then the shy girl. Then Jenny. Then Sam.

Then he shrugged. 

"Oh come on," Evan egged on. "You must like someone."

Sub glared at him.

The shy girl smiled. "I'm Flutter."

We introduced ourselves and then talked.

Until Evan interrupted us.

"Would you like sugar on your cereal?" Evan passed the tin to Flutter. She looked surprised, but took the sugar and sprinkled some on her cereal.

Then she took a spoonful of the cereal and coughed.

Buddy ran over. "You alright?"

Flutter shook her her head. "That wasn't sugar, that was salt!"

"Woah, that's low." Jenny glared at Evan.

Evan couldn't control his laughter.

"You know, that was a babyish joke," Jenny went on. "Oh, but what would I expect? Babies do wet the bed."

"Wet the bed?" I acted as if I didn't know what she was talking about and raised my voice.

"Yeah," Sam raised her voice so everyone could hear. "We put his hand in cold water and he wet the bed."

Everyone laughed.

Evan glared at us angrily. Then he looked at Sub. "I know who you like."

"Who?" Sub asked, completely unfazed.

"(Your name)."

Flutter looked down at the ground. Jenny stared at us. Sub blushed madly and walked out. I was overflowing with anger. Evan had messed with us for the last time!

I stood up and slapped Evan and raced after Sub.

I finally caught up with him outside. "Sub, are you okay? I'm sorry about that idiot Evan, he doesn't know what he's talking about."

Sub hugged me and smiled, still blushing. "Maybe..."

I didn't know what that meant but I did like Sub hugging me, even if I didn't know what his feelings were.

But I did know Sub was my best friend.

And I wouldn't change that for the world.