Alone and Us

After five hours of roaming around the city I grew up in, I decided to finally head back to Megan's. I think I had enough time to cool off and I was really hungry. It was almost midnight when I reached her house.

Jordan, Payton, Megan, and Tyler all sat on the porch waiting. Tyler spotted me first and stood up. He ran over to me and wrapped me in a hug. He pulled me away and held me at arms length.

"Where have you been?"

"Walking."

"Why didn't you answer my calls?" He asks.

"Because I didn't want to talk." He looks offended.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have ignored you and I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you." He hugs me again. I wrap my arms around for a few seconds before we break apart.

"I was just worried about you." I shrug.

"I'm fine." Jordan walks over to me next.

"For someone so smart, you are so stupid."

"I'm not in the mood for a lecture."

"I won't but you do need one." I roll my eyes. "Why did you leave?"

"I'm sure Megan told you everything."

"So she didn't lie?"

"Has she ever lied?"

"Good point." He says instead. "Its not like you though."

"Not you too."

"Lexi you've never been known to run away from a problem-"

"Stop!" I say shoving him away from me. "I'm not the same as when I left I get it. That has been the only thing to come out of your mouths since I've came back. I'm sorry I'm not the same quiet nerd who kept her head in books and sports while the rest of the world went by. I don't what you want me to say other than sorry. I can't change it."

"So what now?" Megan speaks up from behind. "Are you going to walk away again?" I glare at her.

"Youve been a real bitch lately." I say. Jordan blocks her from view.

"Chill out."

"She's asking for a fight."

"I'm giving you the truth." She speaks up again. I glare at her but Jordan is still in the way.

"What is with you?"

"Nothing. But I don't know who you are anymore. You-"

"Don't you dare say it." I warn cutting her off.

"-arent the same." I charge towards her but Jordan is quicker and grabs a hold of me.

"Let me go!" I yell.

"Calm down." His grip tightens as I continue to scream.

"I thought you were my best friend!" I scream at her. "You were supposed to be there for me! All I wanted was you there beside me, not judging me for finally liking someone who didn't just like me for my brain. I'm sorry I'm not more like you anymore. I'm sorry for actually being a little girly now that I've left behind every jerk I've ever dated here! Let me go!" I scream at Jordan. He doesn't listen. "I thought I could count on you." I stop squirming in his arms finally giving up. "I can't do it anymore." I whisper. Jordan's grip loosens.

"Lexi?" He says quietly. I feel all of my walls build up again and my heart collapse. I can't take all the emotions running around inside me as I put up a facade for everyone.

"I give up. Everyone else wins." I whisper so only Jordan hears.

"What do you mean?" He turns me to face him but all I see is a blur as my eyes water.