“Move, move, move” we hear Coach Bylsma yell.

“Engelland catch” Vitale yelled and I was air borne. I swiftly land in Engelland’s arms then he’s running towards the Rink. I look over to see Leysa being carried by Chris Kunitz and Izzy being carried by Kris Letang. I glance back to see the rest of the team following us at a run as well. Coach Bylsma passes on a 4 wheeler.

“If all of you aren’t at the rink in in the locker room in the next seven minutes fifty extra laps” Coach yells from just ahead of us. I feel the boys start moving a little faster but I also feel them tiring from the extra weight.

“Engelland if you put me down you could move a lot faster” I tell him. He shakes his head.

“STAAL, MALKIN, CROSBY take the girls now” Dan yells back. Well that certainly solves that. Im passed to Jordan, Izzy is passed to Sid and Leysa is passed to Geno.

“Want to race” Crosby asks Jordan and Geno.

“Sure” they agree.

“Losers underwear gets hung from the flag pole and they have to profess undying love to one of the players staying here for camp. Winners choose the player they confess to” Leysa adds. I feel Jordan speed up quickly passing Malkin and Crosby but Malkin is fast to catch up quickly passing us.

“Okay so no underwear, but I will profess undying love for one of the 159 players staying here deal” asks Crosby.

“You wear an apron of my choice and make me homemade cookies for a week” I command.

“Actually let’s make the entire team or slaves for the week because their captain didn’t win the race” Leysa declares.

“That sounds like an amazing plan my dear” I agree.

“I tripped” Sid argues lamely.

“Nope that’s the deal or we get revenge” Leysa threatens.

“Okay, okay. I’ll break it to the guys after practice. Malkin, Staal keep it canned” Crosby threatens. Jordan and Malkin groan simultaneously. Jordan sets me down outside the locker room while Leysa and Izzy force Evgeni and Sid to carry them to the bench. I glance at my watch.

“You have like three minutes to be in the locker room and Im pretty sure all the boys are already in there” I look at him knowingly. He backs me into the wall.

“Just because you’re involved with the owners daughter doesn’t mean you have special privileges Staalsy” Says Sid walking by and thwacking Jordan in the back of the head. Throwing open the locker room door and marching in. Jordan leans down and kisses me. Wrapping his arms around my waist I set my hands on his chest. I feel the locker room door open and shut.

“Come on lover boy your about to be late” we jump apart at the sound of Vitale’s voice. He goes to kiss me again but Vitale grabs his ear and drags him into the locker room. I started walking towards the entrance for the bench quickly texting Serina telling her to get here a.s.a.p. Then my phone buzzed it was my friend Katie.

From Katie:

Hey Lady. Did you forget about me?

Oh crap! I forgot about Katie!

“Oh hey I was hoping I could catch one of you” I hear Derek say I look up to find him right in front of me.

“Hey Derek what’ sup” I inquire.

“I have to go pick up Miller and Gerbe from the airport the rest of the team is coming in tomorrow, don’t want to be the only Buffalo boy anymore” He answers with a smile.