Have A Little Hope - Chapter Three

Start from the beginning

I cleared my throat. "No one. It's just me, I choked my my ice cream earlier. That's all." I said with a smile.

"Right." Ella said rolling her eyes.

I just ignored her. "We should go to the movies guys!" I said excited.

They agreed and headed upstairs to get our things.

"What do you want to watch." Bridget asked as we got into my car. My beautiful new… well new to me… White, 2010 Chevrolet Malibu, my baby!

"Whatever is good. I don't mind." Ella said.

I was still busy admiring my car, "I love my parents." I said, making Bridget and Ella laugh.

"It's just a car, A." Ella said.

"It's a beautiful car." I corrected her.

We got to the cinema twenty minutes later. I was standing behind Bridget and Ella as they were fighting over what we should watch. I on the other hand didn't really care. I just wanted to get out of the house.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder, startled I turned my gaze from my iPhone to Conner's piercing brown eyes. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

I don't know how long we stayed staring into each others eyes but someone behind me cleared their throat which caused me to jump a mile in the air. I some how forgot where we were. I quickly moved my gaze to the ground and took a step back.

"What are you guys doing here?" Bridget asked her brother and his friends.

"Obviously watching a movie Bridget." one of them said with a chuckle.

"Yeah… w-we were just going to watch a movie." Conner stuttered. And I felt myself blush, how stupid of me.

I shock my head and kept avoiding everyone's gaze, though I could feel Conner, Bridget and Ella looking at me.

An idea popped into my head just then. Clearing my throat I looked up to face Bridget, completely avoiding Conner and Ella's eyes. "Bridge, you and Ella should call Daniel and Ryan. We could all watch a movie." I suggested. Ella squealed.

"Yes!" she cheered happily.

While Bridget eyed me suspiciously. I turned my eyes back to my phone.

"I'm just going to the washroom for a sec." I said and left before any of them could stop me.

I was in the washroom looking at myself in the mirror. "That was close." I said to myself and shut my eyes to take a relaxing breath. I heard the door open and I knew it either had to be Bridget or Ella, so I didn't bother opening my eyes.

"You're blowing your cover A. She's going to figure it out soon or later." Ella said as she place a hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged it off and turned to her. "What are you talking about Elle."

"Seriously A. Tell her, she's going to be mad. But it's better than finding out after you guys do something." Ella said seriously.

I shook my head. "Seriously Elle, what are you really talking about." I tried to play it off, but I knew it wasn't working.

Ella just shook her head. "Fine. But don't say I didn't warn you A. Bridget's gonna shit a brick when she finds out. And I know she will, because he obviously likes you too." Ella said.

My heart skipped a beat. Did she just say he likes me? I shook my head, "Yeah right." I mumbled, but I knew she heard me.

We got back to where everyone was, Daniel and Ryan had come and they were deciding on the movie to watch. I wasn't paying much attention at all. I just gave the money for my ticket to Bridget and decided to get a drink and popcorn.