2.

Rogue watched Lucy as she laughed with Yukino, they were packing all her things up and couldn't stop talking to each other - as they did. The two of them brought a bright happy aura around them. A picture of Natsu and Lucy was hanging on her vanity with his arm around her, smiling brightly that caught Yukino's eye. She reached over plucking the picture out of the mirrors edge, and held it up catching Lucy's attention.

"You like Natsu, don't you?" Yukino asked, winking at her. "You both seemed really close during the grand magic game . ."

Rogue didn't want to ear drop on their conversation, but he wasn't really in the best predicament with her apartment being so small. He quickly tried to busy himself as he went to step out her apartment door, when Sting appeared in front of him returning back from the carriage. He had gone out earlier putting Lucy's belongings in the back of the carriage. He stared at Rogue weirdly as he pushed past him into the room.

"What are you doing?" He asked, as he reached down grabbing another bag. "You okay, man?"

Rogue felt his cheeks grow warm again as Lucy and Yukino glanced over at him clearly hearing Sting question the ever living shit out of him. He chuckled and smacked Sting on the back with a sarcastic smile on his lips.

"Of course, man." He responded, grabbing a bag from Sting's grip. "You were just taking too long, so I figured to offer you a hand."

Sting glared at him, "Oi, shut up!"

Rogue smirked at him as he followed him out the apartment and down the stairs towards the carriage. He didn't want to think of the possibility of Lucy liking Natsu . . It made his heart throb. She would never in a million years look his way, but he could only wish, right? He sighed as set the bag down in the carriage and turned back towards the apartment, when a familiar scent caught his attention. It was a scent from Fairy Tail. .

"Shit." Sting and Rogue said in unison, as they both stared down at the brick road to see silhouettes walking towards them. Sting yanked down the cloth to cover the bags and hurriedly tied it tightly, so nobody would be able to glance in. When he finished they weren't too close, but close enough to see them.

"I'm going to warn the girls." Rogue spoke quickly, as he turned to the stairs. "You stall."

Sting nodded in response, "Gotcha."

Rogue rushed up the stairs, opening the apartment door quickly and slamming it catching the attention of Lucy and Yukino who had just finished with the last bag. They stared at him questioningly, as they both walked towards him.

"What's wrong?" Lucy asked.

Rogue could hear Sting talking to whoever it was and he could feel the panic boiling within in him.

"We caught scent of your friends, they could potentially be outside right now with Sting."

Lucy eyes widened, "Wha-"

"OI!" Sting yelled. "Don't go up there, they're busy!"

Lucy's face filled with absolute terror and panic as she hid her last bag behind her desk. She turned to Rogue and Yukino shaking with terror to the thought of Erza and the others being angry with her. She didn't want that, she didn't even understand why they were back?! They had just left in the morning! Lucy heart plummeted when she heard the footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Lucy," Rogue says, as he gripped her shaking hand. "It's going to be okay."

Lucy held his hand, tightly. "I hope so."

Yukino's eyes flickered between they're hands with a grim expression that vanished quickly, as someone pushed open the door. Lucy felt her breath catch when she realized who stood before was no other than, Cana. Guilt ran through her, as she knew that she had figured out she was leaving for a bit.