*Chapter 33*

Harry could vaguely hear voices, but he couldn't couldn't concentrate on that. His head was pounding. His entire body felt heavy.

Harry attempted to open his eyes but the light hurt too much.

"Harry," he heard someone say. Harry felt a hand grab his.

"Lights. Turn them off." Harry groaned, his voice husky, like he hadn't spoken in days.

A moment passed then he was told he could open his eyes.

Harry slowly opened his eyes and looked around. He was in the infirmary, that wasn't surprising.

Harry sawHermione and Luna crowded around his bed. Hermione was holding his hand. Harry could see Severus across the room and he stopped breathing.

Severus didn't seem concerned at all. He Seemed bored. Like he didn't want to be here. Harry could feel the anger rising in his chest. He threw up walls in his mind so Severus would never be allowed in.

While Severus looked bored and talked to Dumbledore, Harry turned to his friends and gave Hermione's hand a squeeze. "What happened?" He asked.

"Deatheaters. They attacked the school. They wanted to kill Draco. We don't know why." Hermione said in forced whisper. "They almost killed him, but Mcgonagal stopped them. Ron's with him over there. He's still out. No one knows what he did. Someone hexed you and you hit your head really hard."

"They killed Umbridge." Luna added as if it was an afterthought.

"I'm going to go find madam Pomfrey. I'm sure she'll want to know that Mr. Potter is awake." Dumbledore said striding off.

Harry's mind was spinning. "What?"

When the door shut behind Dumbledore, Severus walked over to Harry. "Are you alright?" Severus finally let himself look worried.

Harry glared. "Yea, I'm grand. I can barely sleep or eat or function since you left. Oh! The castle was attacked today, that was great."

Snape's heart ached at Harry's word. Snape was sure that Harry would be sad for a week, tops. He didn't think Harry would miss him, not this much. Was it possible that a person actually loved him? Actually loved the infamous Severus Snape?

Yes. Yes, someone did love him.

"I'm sorry Harry, I didn't know-" Severus started.

"How could you know? It's not like you wrote me after you left. You just left like was I'm going to be fine. I needed you and you just left." Harry could feel tears start to prick his eyes as the anger faded and was replaced with all the hopelessness and pain he had been feeling for the last few weeks.

"You left and I didn't know how to be me without you. I couldn't go back to being just Harry after I knew what it was like to be with you."

Harry's word hung between them but there was no time to try and fix things.

Dumbledore was back with Madam Pomfrey. Harry brushed his tears away and pretended he was fine.

"Any pain, dear?" Madam Pomfey asked.

"None at all." Harry stated.

***** Page Break *****

Severus left after that. He was no longer needed. He walked through the eerily quiet hallways.

Idiot. He thinks to himself. How could he be so stupid? He really hurt Harry. How could he fix this? Should he fix it? Harry can do better now that he isn't with Severus... But Severus missed Harry. He missed everything about him. His missed Harry so much it hurt. It hurt to breathe, it hurt to move. He just needed Harry in arms again. He tried to remind himself why he left Harry in the first place, but Severus could not find the reason. His head was filled with Harry. Harry's smile, Harry's laugh, the way Harry's hand slipped into his. He missed Harry, he needed Harry. Suddenly losing his job or outing his relationship seemed minor. Thinking Harry needed someone else seemed ridiculous. No one could love Harry better than Severus could. Severus needed Harry back. Now. Everything will fall into place later.

Severus walked a bit faster down the hallway towards his offfice. He needed to fix things, he needed to think of a way to get Harry back. He needed a way to say sorry, a way that wasn't an empty word that everyone threw around. He needed to write it down.

Dear Harry,

A/N: Wow, this story just keeps going downhill. Will it get better? Probably not. Will it be angsty? Most likely.