Chapter 19

This chapter is a little into the future.

Not far.

Just a little.

And it will be really sad, sorry for that :(

But I hope you enjoy xoxo

----------------------------------------

[Paytons POV]

***Three days later***

'-May their bodies be commited to the ground, as one, forever, may they rest in peace.' Eugene finished.

I held tighter to little Luke in my eyes as he cried even harder into my shoulder.

Scott and Matt nodded in respect then stepped forward, lifting the bodies up and then down into the big hole that I had spent my entire day digging yesterday.

When Tea and Leos bodies were down they straightened and nodded, repectfully again before each taking a shovel and preparing to fill the hole back up.

Not before I did an old tradition.

I grabbed a handful of dirt from the ground and just threw it into the hole, I nudged Luke and he did the same.

Then Charlotte, Daryl, Eugene and then the rest of the group.

I turned with Luke on my shoulder and jogged back into the house, up to the attic and placed him down on my bed, bending down and removing his shoes.

He continued to cry and no way did I blame him.

'Is there something you would like me to say?' I muttered.

He froze for a second then nodded. 'Can you tell me you love me and give me another hug?'

I winced but pressed forward, hugging him tightly and kissing his forhead. 'I love you. So did they.'

He winced louder than I did and I quickly felt my shoulder become damp. 'I wish they didn't have to... go. We were all such a good team... And surviving so well...'

I nodded. 'I know, Luke. But the thing about fate is, it doesn't know how we work. It gives us all these awful things that make us cry, scream, almost give up on everything, then one things comes and fate thinks that, that one thing will make up for everything. And its right. Once you find your one good thing, all the awful things seem stupid.'

'Mummy and Daddy dying aren't stupid.'

'Oh no! Of course not! But the one good thing helps you through, to help you deal. I think people call it your true love.'

'Are you my one good thing to help me through?' He muttered.

I smiled weakly. 'I plan to be, now come on, I want to teach you how to play piano, its a fun thing to be able to do and its fun to mess around when you're bored and brimming with emotion.'

'Ok.' He sighed.

'Or... We can go to sleep...' I whispered.

He nodded. 'That sounds better.'

He then jumped off my bed and jumped over onto his that Daryl kindly moved up here the day Tea died.

I gulped and jumped into my own bed.

And in seconds.

I was asleep.

[Charlottes POV]

I stayed to the very end of the cermony and after and just sat on the logs.

I stared, tears dripping down my cheeks as Matt and Scott piled the last bits of mud into the hole. Then patted down with the spades, before turning and heading inside.