Three knocks. 

Each knock echoing within my dull hollow room. Those three knocks were a warning I did not know of. I laid there on my bed that night. Skin covered in silky lilac lingerie, an attempt to make my self more appealing.

In never liked my body yet you seemed to admire it. Creating marks on my body that resembled love. Until that night your hands gripped my frame too hard.  Holding my writhing body closer to you.

Your eyes were dark that night. The darkness I fear. It was almost like you were under a spell as you held me down in the tub.  With the water slowly rising each second.

Your hands were rough and deadly as you stripped me of clothing and held me under the water.  I counted in my head the minutes as I saw your smirk.

The voice raspy and menacingly humming our song. My hearts thumps fading slowly inside my head. I was unconscious until you pulled me out and hugged me.  Saying a never ending apology I could never believe.

Maybe I thought the idea to kiss you and grind against your body was acceptable.  Trying to forget how your hand prints were a purple and yellow swirl against each side of my hips. 

I love you with every fiber in me. I ignored it as we had sex. Knowing that the darkness within you was never going to accept that. Pleading that we could get better. 

Yet knowing that it wouldn't.