~ Chapter Twenty-Four ~

Start from the beginning

Grabbing the necklace and bracelet, thinking it would be nice and... well fun. Taking them to an older man at the counter, I pay and walk out the shop with Asher still asking questions. Turning round fed up with him I look at him.

"Hold out your hand" I instruct him, he gives me a weird look.

"My hand?" He asks and I nod my head quickly. Finally listening he holds it out and I grab the male bracelet with an T on, tightening it around his wrist. He could still take it off as he can unclip it. He looks down with a blank face towards it and I put my necklace on.

"There matching in away, you have my T as it's the first letter in my name and I have an A for you" I send him a nervous smile, holding the necklace away from my chest so he can see it. I hope he doesn't find this weird or anything. "You like it?" I ask, my smile slowly growing as his lips begin to curl up.

"I think I do and it suits you, shows people you belong to me" he smirks making my eyes roll and my lips frown. "What's wrong Tate?" He asks me nervously.

"How can you say that even when you didn't answer my question earlier" I say slightly sad and I hate bringing this back up. My eyes reach his, his face is still and frozen like ice. "I'm sorry forget it" I say but I'm suddenly hit with the feel of his lips on mine. It's a short sweet kiss and I look at him with confusion, sadness, anger but lastly is lust, or is it love?

"I'll answer the question later but can I take you to a small cafe where we can text the others to meet?" He asks looking like he's scared for my reaction. Slowly nodding my head and keeping quiet, placing a smile on my face not knowing if it's real. But I feel real, it feels real when I'm with Asher so what's stopping him? Does he not like this, like me? He must if he kisses me, he must. "Cool" he sends me a dashing smile and I laugh, grabbing my hand and feeling the tingles he always gives me we begin to find a cafe that Asher has texted the others to meet us at.

~~~~

The cafe is on a corner, we can see where our cars are parked as well as seeing the coast line in the distance, the other end. Tables are scattered outside as you order inside the sky blue building. Walking inside we order some refreshing sodas while waiting for the others to arrive. It's cream walls and wooden beams, a light counter where an older couple stands. They both look round their sixties and look madly in love, chatting to every customer and I hear them making jokes about one another.

Going back outside Asher finds a table with six seats, facing the coast. An umbrella protects me from the sun as I sit down and look out to the mystic view. I feel Asher sit next to me, taking in the view like me and sitting quiet, like me. My fingers play with the black straw in my glass of fresh lemonade.

"Tate?" I hear his voice say my name, wanting to ask me something. "Can we talk?" I hear him and it catches my attention. Turning in my seat I look at him unsure.

"The others are coming shortly, I'm sure you don't want to discuss what we are here" I say, my voice coming out rougher then I imagined. "Sorry, that was a bit harsh" I apologise and he lets out a small laugh.

"It's fine" he smiles before saying he wants to talk about it now. My nerves rise slightly, thinking he's going to turn round and say 'Tate we engaged and that's it' but Asher isn't like that. I know deep down he isn't like that.

"So...?" I say dragging the o on as I don't know what to say, my lips unsure on what words. My heart and mind both rapidly working.

"Right" he says and he grabs my two hands, holding them both in captivity in his. He tilts his face to look at me and my breathe hitched at our proximity. "I think we should be more then an engaged contract, I think we should take things at our pace" he starts and takes a breather.

"I agree" I almost say breathlessly, my chest rising at my heavy yet scared pace.

"So between us, between our parents and friends, I would like to ask you a question?" He informs me with his voice soft and relaxed unlike mine. Those warm brown eyes staring at me with hidden emotions but I'm starting to see through them. I nod my head wanting to know his question.

"Yes?" Is my only word. I cannot bare to say anything else, I just want to watch him move those delicate lips and watch those brown eyes that amaze me with wonder.

"Would you be my girlfriend? Between us, our parents and our friends" he asks me and I let off a full blown smile. "Then I'll ask you to marry me probably" he says and I can see the truth, I laugh at his statement and can't help but kiss him.

I lean forward in an instance and kiss him desperately. Needing him. Wanting him. He kisses me back and takes over. Him needing me. Him wanting me. Asher slipping his tongue in and dominating the kiss like usual. But his kiss felt different; a new start. It felt like the beginning of our official falling in love case. I loved it. I loved everything about this. His left hand holds the side of my face and pulls me closer.

"I new it! I want details!" I hear a familiar voice and Asher and I snap away from our kiss. We turn our faces and I see all the gang. My faces feels heated and I can imagine I'm blushing madly.

"Finally it's happened, congrats man" Thomas smacks Asher's shoulder as he takes a seat on one of the chairs, shortly followed by the others.

With the men sitting together and the girls near me, their faces search mine with massive grins. I know they want to say something.

"Just say it" I laugh and sit back in my chair.

"So are you guys like an official couple, just forget about the engagement" they both rush out and I laugh more, but quietly to them.

"Yes we are now quiet down" I try to shush them but I can't help but laugh more at their actions.

"Well tell us what this is all about" Jess smiles and I now lean forward with a small smile.

I tell them in a whisper tone about everything. From the morning awakening missing all the naughtiness, not a long talk to arriving at their house, from the car talk that wasn't really a walk to now. The girls listened all the way even if they made small questions which I blushed. Jen and Jess are both supporting and loving this now relationship with Asher and I. I just hope it lasts.

We have our lunch which the talk was hilarious and fun. The good days I'll remember. I can't believe this whole bad contract has made this large friendship, couple group. These are the moments I'll remember, the moments I'll savour.

The so far memories of that I have with Asher. I'm looking forward to our future and excited for his new unexpected engagement plan. A smile forms on my face. Just hope it lasts.

Once it turns evening we are on are way back home. Same car seating except Thomas came with us and trust me. It was the funniest thing I experienced. He made jokes about Asher which annoyed him so much.

I loved it!