Strangers, Enemies, or Friends?

(Serenity's POV)

"Aw, it's okay, Siri! He didn't deserve you anyway," Corinne tried to comfort me. I'd just received a text from Steven, my now ex-boyfriend, saying he's found someone else. And this wasn't the first time, either. I couldn't believe I was stupid enough to fall for him again. "You'll find the perfect man soon. Someone that won't leave you for some other girl."

"I actually believed him! I thought he actually loved me! I'm just his go-to girl, so he'll never be alone," I replied, sobbing.

"Serenity, why don't we go get some hot chocolate and buy you a new phone?" she suggested. That made me glance at my phone, shattered in hundreds of pieces on the floor. Once I'd read the text, I threw my phone at the wall, leaving a dent in the wall.

Corinne guided me out of the bed and into the bathroom. She took a makeup wipe and rubbed it at my eyes. I just had to wear mascara today...

She made me look presentable and got my shoes and my coat. Then we headed out. Corinne drove to a coffee shop and ordered two hot chocolates, one with extra marshmallows. All there was left to do was wait...

--

(Loki's POV)

Ah, the joys of being king. The pleasure it brings. With Thor and Odin gone, temporarily, imagine the possibilities! If only Mo- Frigga was alive...

"Your Majesty, Heimdall requests your presence," said a guard as he entered the throne room.

"Very well," I replied simply. I rode down to the Bifrost and joined Heimdall. "What is it you bring me here for?"

"As you know, I am to report any treason occurring in Asgard. I have discovered someone committing treason."

"Who's?"

"Yours."

"What? Are you a fool?"

"Loki, you deceive me no longer. The king was acting strangely, so I watched him only to discover that our king is no longer who we thought it was. What has become of Odin?"

I was shocked, but then realized what a fool I was for not thinking about Heimdall's "power," call it as you may. "You spied on your king?"

"Loki, no more illusions."

I showed my true appearance, with the exception of the helmet. "Well, well, well. It took you how long now to discover who your king was? What are you going to do now?" I decided to play it cool.

"I'm going to find out what happened to the All-Father, where he is, and how you're alive."

"And you're doing a marvelous job with that-"

"Loki! What happened to Odin?" Heimdall yelled abruptly, cutting me mid-sentence. I created an illusion, making it seem I was still with him. I headed off to get a flying ship. And I made it pretty far, too, before Heimdall discovered my whereabouts. I was just entering the passage to the dark world when I saw flying ships heading my way. I glided through the passage and ensured myself a safe path towards the portal to take me to Midgard. The same one Thor and that mortal used.The portal brought me to Midgard in a city they call New York. Great. My home, sweet home...

I hid in an alley and removed some garments so I wouldn't be easily recognized. Throwing my extra clothes over my shoulder, I wandered into the busy streets. I decided to go into one of these mere Midgardian shops, trying to blend in. As I walked in, someone knocked over their full cup. I looked back to watch, but bumped into someone in the process. I turned around to see a tear-stained faced girl looking up at me.