Prologue

Ages for prologue:

Adam: 12

Bree:11

Chase: 10

Melanie: 10

Leo: Not here yet!

Melanie's POV

Bree and I were playing catch with a ball in the living room. The ball came towards me and I caught it perfectly. When we were finishing up, we went to the lab. Bree went to go get drinks and I was left alone. "Hey, what's this?" I said aloud while picking up a piece of paper. It looked important, so I put it down. Then I picked back up. It was a record of Chase's bionics. Along with something else. Bree came back with the drinks. "One Dr. Pepper for Melanie!" she said. "Why thank you! Hey, do you know what that is?" I said, pointing at the paper. "Nope, and I don't really care. Shoot! I have to go ask Mr. Davenport something. BRB!" She super sped outta the lab. I accidentally spilled my drink. On. Chase's. Paper. I'm sooo dead! "Oh no!" I said. Bree came back and said, "What?" "This!" "Oh... you stay here as look for paper towels and I'll look someplace else in the lab." "'Kay." She went and looked around while I stayed where we were originally at to look. The elevator doors opened and Chase walked in. He said, "Melanie? What are you looking for?" "Nothing! Did you get a haircut?" "No... we're not allowed to leave the house." "Oh, right. Wanna see what I can do?" I started to fly around the room. "I already knew you could do t- what happened to my bionic record?" I came back to the ground. "Okay, I know this looks bad but, I spilled the drink." "WHAT? MELANIE TJAT WAS IMPORTANT I HATE YOU!" I started crying. In a flash she was back, a worried look on her face. "Chase, why di-" I cut her off by saying, "If you hate me so much, how about I just leave? Maybe that will make you happy." I stormed to the elevator. As I got upstairs, Adam was on the couch. I turned the door knob. "Where are you going?" he asked. "Anywhere where Chase isn't!" "I agree he smells, but. That's no reason to leave the house!" "He hates me. Bye Adam."

Chase's POV

I ran up the stairs. "Chase, what is Mel-" Adam began, but I ran outside. It was pouring down rain. Melanie was running down the street. Wow, she was serious. I felt tears prickling in my eye. "Melanie! Come back!" I shouted. I ran after her. I couldn't believe I let this happen! After running for what seemed like hours, I gave up. It was like she disappeared, she does have the bionics of flying and being invisible. By this point I was crying. I sat down on a big rock. I saw a car pull over. It was Mr. Davenport. "I'm sorry." I said between sobs. "It's ok. Come on, it's pouring." he said. I sat in the car in the back next to Bree, Adam was in the front.

Bree's POV

Chase sat next to me. I wrapped him in a hug, and he cried into my shoulder. "Chasey, it'll be okay." I cooed. "No it won't." "Trust me, it's will." "But I lost her!" "She'll come back." "You promise?" "No. But I think she will. you know her." And that's all I could say. from the front seat, Adam and Mr. Davenport smiled at me. "What?" I asked. Guess they won't tell me everything.