Stay

Stiles stopped short when he reached the front porch of his house. His heart racing immediately.

"Stiles." Derek said his voice sounding relieved.

"D-Derek?" Stiles breathed heavily a frown reaching his features before he could stop it.

"Are you okay?" Derek asked taking a step towards Stiles.

"Where have you been? Where did you go? Why did you leave?" Stiles asked rapid fire not giving Derek time to answer.

"I needed time." Derek answered.

"From me." Stiles said his tone sad.

"What made you come back?" Stiles asked before Derek could respond.

"I knew what today was and I wanted to make sure you were okay." Derek spoke cautiously.

"You wanted to make sure I was okay. I'm not okay. You left. You didn't tell me where you were going or why you were leaving. I didn't even know if you were okay. I called and text. And you wait until the anniversary of my mom's death to see if I'm okay?" Stiles' tone proved how upset he was.

"I get you don't feel the way I do but you could have just said so. Not make up the lame excuse that you're no good for me then disappear." Stiles was furious and he was letting Derek know it.

"Stiles, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left but I didn't know what else to do." Derek said genuine concern etched on his face.

"Just be honest with me!" Stiles shouted.

"What do you want me to say Stiles? That I'm in love with you? That a big part if the reason I left Beacon Hills was because it was difficult to see you with Scott. That I knew it was you the second I felt that pull. That I was beyond relieved when you begged me to mark you. That it kills me to see Damon all over you?" Derek shouted back the frustration evident in his tone.

Stiles frowned at Derek.

"Is this some joke to you?" Stiles choked on fresh tears that were trying to surface despite Stiles' attempt to keep them at bay.

"No, it's not. I care about you, Stiles but I know I'm no good for you." Derek answered his voice breaking.

"That should be up to me." Stiles snapped his voice wavering.

"I see you with Damon and he makes you happy. I can't give that to you. Death and destruction follows me everywhere. You were almost killed because of me. Damon has done nothing to hurt you. All our relationship has ever been is saving each other." Derek sighed.

"So what are you saying? Are you leaving again?" Stiles asked the tears reaching his eyes.

"If you want me to." Derek nodded.

"If you want me to leave I'll never bother you again. If you want me to stay I'll never leave again. But if I stay, I stay as your alpha and your friend, nothing more." Derek had tears in his eyes as well. He hated to see Stiles so hurt because of him.

"Derek, I know you don't think you deserve to be happy but one of these days I'm going to prove you wrong. I need you. I can't bear if you leave again. I know I'm not a werewolf but when I get those stupid damn panic attacks or if I'm in a life or death situation, you make it okay. You're my anchor and Derek I have feelings for you that go deeper than that but if pushing them away means you'll stay, then consider them gone." Stiles spoke a tear sliding down his pale cheek.

Derek pulled Stiles into a hug.

"I'm here." Derek spoke into Stiles' hair.

"I'm not leaving. Not again."

*AN*
Sterek moment! *tear*