Cece looked at me from her perch on the counter with raised eyebrow.

"You? A door to door salesman? You've got too much of a sailor's mouth for that line of work let alone I doubt you'd be able to persuade anyone to buy something. I'm surprised you get through clients without them leaving in a hurry."

I slapped her leg that had been swinging back and forth next to me. There were a few bananas on the counter and I grabbed one before taking a bite out of it.

"Oh by the way, my meeting with Dimitri began with a disaster. I'm surprised I made it through the whole thing without turning around and coming back home."

Cece asked what happened as I crammed the banana into my mouth and started chewing. After a minute or two I swallowed the last of the banana that was in my mouth.

"Well," I began as I tried to figure out how to phrase this, "He made me meet him at his S&M club to start off. Second when I finally got to his room something took over me and I whipped a half naked man. Lastly, I absorbed his blood and emotions from across the room."

When I had spoken I'd made sure to speak really fast as if that would help with what I was saying. Maybe it didn't happen if I told the story really fast. Looking over, Cece's eyes were nearly falling out of her head. Damn. I guess it had happened after all, even though it was spoken of quickly.

"What do you mean you whipped a naked man?"

"Seriously Cece? He was half naked. Didn't you hear the part where I drank down his blood and emotions from across the room?"

"Oh yeah, I heard that part. That one isn't as shocking though as you becoming a dominatrix for the first time in your life. I'm pretty sure drinking blood has been on your dinner menu a long time."

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed her ankle and tugged. "Anyways, I think it has something to do with that blood curse magic. Ever since that day when I used that power on the ShadowMancer I've felt something hollow inside of me. Like something was missing. Earlier when I absorbed that guys blood, it filled that emptiness."

"Are you going to have to beat the hell out of someone every time you need to fill your hole," she tried to keep a straight face but laughed in the end.

"I don't know," I finally responded after she'd calmed down enough to hear me. "At least until I get Dimitri to translate what those old books say about how to control this power."

Cece pressed her lips together before scooting off the counter to stand across from me. Finally she sighed. "I don't like Dimitri but if he's going to help you figure this thing out, then fine. Next time though, I'm going with you to this S&M club. Maybe I can be of some help or at least moral support."

"I really don't like the thought of you being so close to the Vampires in this city's Flock. I haven't even gotten to know these Vampire's enough to even guess at whether they would behave or not."

"Don't worry. I'll wear my cross and even bring some holy water. Otherwise both Jared and you wouldn't let me even leave the house without an escort. I'm not a child, Sloane."

If I could, I'd make her stay at home whenever it got dark out but since I wasn't her mom and had zero authority over her, it was her own decision. Some days you just have to accept reality.

"Fine. I'll just warn you now though that it may get real creepy."

Cece followed me as I walked into my bedroom. The left wall was covered in a montage of pictures ranging from baby years until just last week. My room was large enough that there was still a decent size portion of wall not taken up with pictures. That is to say, the right wall was already completely covered. I'd always had a habit of taking photos of the three of us together, sealing memories inside of a bit scrap of paper.

The walls underneath the pictures were black where as the wall across from the door was a neon green. I'd blown up a very old picture of my mother with her arms wrapped around Jared and I. We were all laughing and having fun next to the lake about an hour or two away from the city. Most of my memories were broken of my mother. It was weird because Supernatural creatures had amazing memories, especially those born.

"Like I care if things get weird. I live for weird," Cece's rant pulled me from my musings, "It's not like I haven't seen some pretty creepy shit where you're concerned. Do you remember that one time you came home covered in blood?"

"Okay, seriously that wasn't my fault. I already told you that it had jumped out of no where into my path. It looked a lot worse than what it really was."

"Regardless, you drove home covered in blood with a deer halfway inside your window. I'm not even sure how that was physically possible in the first place," she mulled that over as she fell across my bed before wrapping the black comforter around herself.

My closet was a mess but luckily it was easy to find some shorts and a plain white shirt to wear for bed. I stripped without a care for Cece being in the room, not like she hadn't seen it all before anyways.

"At least it died fast. It gave me more trouble than it was worth."

Cece began to laugh as she brought up another story about the weird shit that happened usually only to me. Jared had seemed like he'd gotten all the good luck out of the both of us. ShadowMancer not withstanding.

"You still have a bunch of clothes in the guest bedroom if you want to grab something to relax in. I don't know why you don't just move in with us. You're practically here as much as Jared or I."

"Really? That wouldn't be awkward? Me living in the same house with Jared?"

That thought I had to mull over. After the new development was thrown into it, I could kind of see why. Although to be fair, it would probably be just as awkward if they decided to be together too.

"Well, whatever. Go put your pajamas on. I need to call Cane and let him know Candy and Bret should come in at noon. I'm going to begin making those brochures tomorrow. Should also look into Mrs. Hendrick's case."

"Yes, Mother," she responded with a roll of her eyes. Springing off the bed she hurried into the spare bedroom across the hall.

Jared's bedroom was to my left, we'd made the master bedroom the spare room because it had an attached bathroom. Figured if anyone stayed the night they'd want their own bathroom to wash up in. Wouldn't want Jared or I to run in on them butt naked. Awkward for all parties involved.

I pulled my phone off the bed where I'd tossed it earlier and dialed Cane's number as I attempted to ignore the phantom figure shuffling in the hallway. One of my frequent ghosts, who I'd named Stan, had an aimless look on his face as he continuously paced down my hallway. He wasn't hurting me so I tried my best to just ignore him.

Cane picked up on the first ring which was rather surprising.

"Your brother left about five minutes ago if that's what you're calling to ask me about."

Over the phone I heard sheets move which kind of surprised me. He'd already gotten into bed within five minutes. Shocker.

"Nope but that's good to know. I was calling to let you know that Bret and Candy don't have to be into work until noon. Didn't want to have to make two calls so I just dialed you instead."

"Glad I could help lessen your dialing," his words dripped sarcasm, "I'll let them know about the time shift. Anything else I can help you with?"

It was probably a rhetorical question. "Nope, that's all!"

My cheerful sounding voice probably grated on him because a grunt drifted over the line before my phone beeped. Siignaling that I'd officially just been hung up on. About two minutes later Jared walked through the front door smelling like wet dog- to me at least.

As he headed into his room I yelled, "Make sure to wash up and get rest! Big day at work!"

There was a grunt as my answer and a closing of his door. It just seemed to be my night to get grunts for answers. Who knew.