But what was the saddest of the all - it was the fact I was the cause behind it all.

Well, partly.

It wasn't all on me. There was also the olive skinned woman, who walked out on us all two years ago. 

Shaking off my thoughts, it was only then I realized it had fallen silent. I slowly looked up, my eyes landing on the brunette, her eyes wide and locked on me. I cleared my throat, running a hand through my hair and awkwardly taking a step back.

I exhaled a deep breath, my brows furrowing as I realized I had just been caught staring at her behind the door, and then looking deep in thought. I mentally cursed myself for loosing focus and letting it shift off to my negative mind. 

I turned towards my door, not knowing what to say. Should I pop back in and say a quick 'Hey, sorry for probably scaring the shit out of you and I know you just caught me standing and staring like a damn creep, but I didn't mean to'?

Yeah...I don't think that sounds right.

Reaching my door, my hand gripped onto my doorknob. However, that's when I heard the light footstep behind me. Unable to stop myself, I glanced over my shoulder, my eyes landing on the expected sight.

Dressed in a tight-fitting shirt, that made her breast look gloriously tempting, paired with ice-cream cone printed pajama pants, arms crossed over her chest, a look of confusion playing on her face and her brown hair pulled into a messy bun, stood Ava.

I sighed, inwardly rolling my eyes, knowing what was to come.

"Mr Bass," Her voice called, sounding so formal. My jaw clenched, but it wasn't an angry gesture. More of, 'I'm uncomfortable and I know you know that'.

"What, Ava?" I lowly questioned in response. Her eyes narrowed on me and I didn't miss the way they scanned over my attire, lingering on my exposed arms. I was dressed in a white beater, along with basketball shorts.

"What were you doing standing outside my room?" The question fell from her lips, a hint of suspicious mixed with curiosity laced onto her words.

"I don't think that's any of your business." I lamely replied. A scoff escaped her pink lips and strangely, an urge to push her body against the wall and press my lips against hers flashed through me.

"Not any of my concern?" She cried in disbelief. "You were standing outside my door, peaking inside - that is my concern."

Sighing, I faced her with a emotionless expression.

"You must have been seeing things. I've just come from my office." I lied. She arched a brow, her lips twitching and a little pout pulling at her lips. She was mad - adorably mad.

"I think not, Mr Bass. I saw you clear with my own eyes." She snapped back.

"Ah, I think that's where you're wrong." I chuckled. "You've probably mistaken the me you were dreaming about, as me standing in-front of you."

I noticed her hands clench and I had to hide a smile. It was quite amusing, actually.

"I think not, Mr Bass." She spat through gritted teeth. I lightly smirked at her, crossing my arms over my chest. I never failed to notice the way her eyes wandered over to arms for a short second. She ogled them, before tearing her eyes away from them and once again glared at me. 

"Well, you're thinking wrong." I firmly told her, standing my ground. She fell silent, her eyes narrowing on me. I arched a brow her way.

"God, you know what? I give up!" She hissed out, sounding defeated. I watched as she threw her hands up in annoyance.