Chapter 1

Me and Malcolm have been best friends for as long as I can remember. Ever since we where little we would play together since we live next door to each other. But we've always been just friends, there was no other feelings there, how could there be? He's my best friend! But lately, I don't know what it is, but I've been having some strange thoughts about him. I've been feeling nervous around him when usually, I'll say anything, now anytime he's near me I feel like I have 1000 butterflies whooshing around in my stomach. I just don't know what's going on, I've never felt like this before, it's weird.

*knock knock*
"Carly can you get that?!" My mother yells.
"Yep!"
I rush to the door and open it to see Malcolm standing there.
"Hey" Malcolm says.
All of a sudden those butterflies come rushing back to me. I feel like I'm about to be sick.
"What happened to you? You where meant to come over to study half an hour ago?" Malcolm asked worried.
" Oh Malcolm I'm so sorry! I completely forgot!" I say as I rush around the house grabbing my school books.
We walk over to Malcolm's house together and make our way to his room to study.
I have to tell him my feelings, I think to myself. He needs to know. Ok, I'll talk to him after we study.
We get to Malcolm's room and see a girl sitting at his desk!
"Who.....who are you?" I say nervously.
"Carly, this is Niki. My girlfriend. Remember I told you about that girl I'm tutoring?" Malcolm explains.
"Oh yeah. Right" I laugh nervously. "Nice to meet you Niki"
"Nice to meet you too Carly. Now I know Malcolm's cute, but he's mine. So back off." Niki says meanly.
Where all silent. Then Malcolm and Niki laugh, I join in hoping she was joking.
"She was just kidding!" Malcolm laughs. "Anyway I told you Babe, where just friends. So don't worry."
Just friends! JUST FRIENDS!!! I think to myself. There's no hope for us is there? I've been totally and utterly friend zoned. Who was I kidding anyway? Malcolm and me would NEVER work. Like he said, where just friends, nothing more.

That whole hour was a blur. I couldn't concentrate, especially with Malcom and Niki making out every 5 minutes. Just knowing he's willing to do that right in front of me helps me realise how deep into the friend zone I am.
"I gotta go babe." Niki says as she kisses Malcolm. Honestly, that kiss seemed like it lasted for ages, it was like torture for me watch, knowing that will never be me kissing him.
"See you later" he says and Niki walks out of the room.
Malcolm turns and looks at me.
"What's wrong with you? You've been acting strange the past few days, And today you've been acting worse. What's up?" Malcom looks worried. He cares about me. Do I really want to tell him how I feel and put our amazing friendship and his relationship with Niki in jeopardy? I have no idea how he'll react. Even if he liked me too, I'd hate to do that to Niki. She seems really nice. What will I do?