Ch5: Shogi and Conjectures

Start from the beginning

Silence took over after the last word left Asudo's mouth.

Akimi stared at the humanized dragon in varying degrees of shock and appall, paling ever so slightly as she completely forgot to consider that those chances could happen. Asudo stared back with his sharp scarlet orbs unblinkingly, crossing his arms over his chest while sitting on the couch. Shiroukami bit her lip, her midnight-lapiz orbs glancing between her superior and host worriedly from the edge of the couch. Akimi looked away from them and glanced at the clock on the far side of the room near the window, seeing the arrow point at four fifteen. She moved her purple-blue gaze to the window and saw the sun slowly going down.

Finally, Akimi sighed wearily, softly moving towards the couch and sat between the two bijuus. She placed her hands on her lap and lowered her head down, anxious purple orbs staring at the carpet below her feet before looking up to the now startled Juunibi. "Then... Then what am I supposed to do?"

Asudo felt his lips twitch downwards and unfolded his arms to place a lone hand on the silverette's head. Akimi blinked repeatedly, confused at the dragon's gesture but relaxed a little when his hand gently rubbed her head, shoulders slouching ever so slightly. Asudo's features softened completely; his smile was gentle and scarlet eyes were filled with understanding, realization, and warmth.

"I apologize for worrying you, Akimi, but I believe that this would not be too much of a big concern." Asudo said softly, using both of his hands to tenderly comb through his jinchuuriki's silver-white hair, already out of its bun. There were times that the ancient dragon failed to recall the fact that his host was just a young child in mind and all this pressure and anxiety was not meant for the mind so small and still growing, no matter how smart and intelligent they were.

"But, do you know why having him aware of your history is also a good thing?" he asked the clueless girl, whose mask was hanging around her neck, his fingers still softly and skillfully combing through her hair. Akimi pouted, a little sulky that he asked her and not finish his explanation. "Why?"

"Because, Akimi-sama," Asudo went back to her formal suffix, eyes fixated on her hair, "it means that someone can watch your back." When we cannot, was his finished thought but kept quiet. Akimi blinked, cocking her head to the side slightly in confusion. Asudo stared back and smiled, removing his hands away from her hair and Akimi finally noticed that the flame-haired dragon braided her hair in an elegant, graceful fashion. Akimi smiled inwardly at the gesture.

"Really?"

"Yes, really!" the two turned their heads to the bright wolf, almost forgetting she was there. Almost. Shiroukami grinned, jumping off from her place on the edge of the sofa and sat in front of Akimi, folding an arm across the silverette's lap and rested her cheek on her hand. Her snow tail was waving behind her.

"Akimi-chan, you do know that Shikaku-san was the closest to your mother, right? Almost like a little brother?" Shiroukami asked softly, not her usual loud cheeriness. Akimi felt affection swell through her that the wolf was being quiet and soft for her.

"Yeah... What does that have to do anything with this?" she patiently questioned.

"There! That is your answer," Shiroukami grinned, snapping her finger. "Because he is the closest to your mother, just after Minato-san, he would no doubt have speculations and will watch over you closely. And when he has gathered all the evidence he needs, he will, I know he will, approach you and ask you to confirm his suspicion and theories." She finished, examining her lapis nails casually like everything she had just said was something people normally hear in an everyday conversation with a small grin. Asudo raised a gold brow in slight amusement at the wolf with a small fond smile and Shiroukami grinned sheepishly at his look, wolf ears twitching.