Ch5: Shogi and Conjectures

Start bij het begin

'Good. I don't have to go through all the trouble of persuading you.' Was what Shikamaru wanted to say, but let's be serious, that gave everything he planned away and plain discourteous. He was a little astonished that she agreed easily, though. He kind of expected a little fight. Instead, he went for a more Nara-like response. "Thanks, Akimi-san. And sorry for bothering you and being all troublesome." He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck again and held back a blush begging to creep into his cheeks when Akimi gave him a closed eye-smile. He didn't know why his mind instantly thought cute. But he didn't know, wouldn't care, and will not bother about it for now.

"Alright then, I'll be seeing you later, Shikamaru-san!" Akimi gave a small, quick salute at the Nara before promptly turning away, walking through the crowd.

Shikamaru didn't even blink once when he could no longer spot the silverette, like she had instantly disappeared with no trace at all and dispersed through the crowd. But after a moment, he did blink and allowed a lazy smirk surface his features. Turning around himself, Shikamaru stuffed his hands in his pockets and head to his compound, wanting to tell his father about the interesting events today.

And the mysterious new girl.

'Crap, crap, CRAP!' Akimi screamed in her head, cursing herself at being so careless and ignorant. Of course, nothing can get past a Nara without finding their answers. 'Stupid Akimi... Stupid situation... Stupid Nara- smartUGH!' She grumbled, hastily and stealthily jumping from building to building towards her home. Akimi borrowed some of Asudo's chakra to enhance her speed, whilst keeping any shinobi from noticing and feeling the chakra.

'Well, we should have expected this to happen, Akimi...' Shiroukami commented, worry flowing through her as she watched her jinchuuriki land effortlessly in front of her apartment's door. Akimi absently noted that the cheery wolf said her name, not 'Aki-hime'.

'Just try to...lose?" the latter sounded more like an unsure question than a reassurance, which did not help Akimi's current state of mind.

Akimi grabbed her keys hanging beside the door frame and unlocked the door. What? Why bother hiding it when she had a bijuu who excelled in Genjutsu? People may not know of Shiroukami's ability, but that didn't change the fact that the angel wolf was a Genjutsu master.

"Not. HELPING. Shiroukami..." Akimi gritted her teeth, narrowing her eyes and closed the door behind her. She huffed, removing her shoes and placed it on the side near the door and walked through the hallway, arriving in the living room and glared at her two bijuus that decided to make themselves presentable on her couch.

"Akimi, calm down." Asudo's deep and husky growl resonated through the room, and the two girls shut their lips sealed. Asudo's voice sounded serious, not his usual apathetic monotone. If he used that tone, he was either thinking about a plan and they ruined his concentration, or was annoyed with their bickering, or wanting the two to calm down because the situation was grave and multiple scenarios are currently storming his head and none of them were positive.

Probably all of the above.

"Listen, there is a high possibility that the Nara boy will tell Shikaku-san, the Nara head, about today, and about you," he directed a pointed stare towards his host. Akimi paled slightly. "And we all know that Shikaku-san had the closest bond to your mother. Including the Yamanaka head, Akimichi, Inuzuka, Aburame and previously the Uchiha and Hyuuga, but that is beside the point." He sighed, "So the chances of him immediately having suspicion and assumptions are a sharp eighty-percent." Asudo's scarlet orbs gleamed, "After all, Shikaku-san was the first one to know of your mother's pregnancy with you."