The Powerful Hope And Love

Start from the beginning

"Fine. Archie may be still on my mind a bit." I admitted.

She nodded understanding. "Betty, you're my best friend. I don't like seeing you sad and depressed like this all the time. You may seem happy on stage but it's a whole 'nother scenario in reality."

"You're right. I need to move on." I said with a smile.

"That's the fucking spirit right there Cooper!" She said making me cringe a bit.

"Well, you definitely know how to make some of us cringe. And by that..I mean me, myself, and I."

She laughed at my funny remark and we started walking back to her place.

"Is it okay if I sleep over?"

"Betty, we've been over this. You don't have to ask and I don't know about your mother aka the devil letting you come over so it's your choice."

I rolled my eyes.

She looked over at me. "Betty, you know what happened last time! All hell broke loose."

***

Flashback:

"Okay, okay. Truth or dare is getting far too boring."

"I agree. So why don't we binge watch..."

We both did a drumroll on her floor.

"Pretty little liars!" We both said then laughed.

Halfway through the series, the devil made its way through.

"Elizabeth Cooper!!"

I know that voice. And it's not a pretty one for sure.

"Mother, I'm sorry. Did I eat the rest of your favorite cereal this morning and you just realized?"

"No. My daughter is out with a black witch and doesn't know what the fuck she's about to do!" My mom said.

I looked at her annoyed.

"Come on Elizabeth. And tell your witch friend to cast a spell to get the hell out of here!" My mom said.

I saw Veronica's face. I'm going to describe it as a bit offended and a little impressed with my mom's sarcasm.

(Flashback over)

***

"Look. My mom needs to take some kind of hint to tell her that I can do whatever the fuck I wanna do. She may be my mother but she isn't my own fucking controller!"

"Okay then B. I see you've taken a risk..and I like it." She said and we both laughed a little.

"Pretty Little Liars marathon?" I suggested with a smirk.

"Thought you'd never ask."

~~~

The next day at school, I felt relieved. By that, I mean I've gotten over my feelings for Archie. We're only friends. That's all we'll ever be. That's all we were meant to be anyways.