15. Keep to the Code

Start from the beginning

Rolling her eyes, Narissa replied "Do you already know the answer or do I have to lie?" Will turned to glare at Jack, to which she laughed. "Oh, so you already know. There's no point in lying then."

She intended to keep walking towards Jack, but Will stopped her by grabbing her arm. "You know I never cared about who you shared your bed with, but I can't accept this." During years, he had seen many men and women enter and leave her house and he had never complained or asked questions. In fact, he had even helped her to kick them out a few times. But sleeping with Jack Sparrow? No way.

She freed herself from his grip. "I don't need your opinion on this. It was just a fun night, William, don't give it much importance," she told him after a scoff. That's what she wanted to believe: just a fun night, but deep down she knew that her buried feelings were creeping out from the bottom of her heart.

Will looked again at the captain, who was steering the wheel. "Do you trust him?"

She raised her eyebrows. "Jack?" When he nodded, she thought for a second. She wasn't too sure of her answer, anybody who knew Jack half as well as she did would have said he was totally untrustworthy. "Well, he's unpredictable, selfish, a liar, and his mind tends to come up with the most complicated plans in order to achieve his own goals." With a brief pause, she glanced at the captain. He definitely didn't deserve to be trusted, but after the previous night... She had felt a connection, she understood him. She had always known that, although he wouldn't believe it, Jack was a good man. "I trust him with my life."

Will seemed confused by her apparently incoherent reply. He would have said something more, he would have tried to convince her that what she had done was wrong and that Jack was evil, but she walked away before any word could leave his mouth. She didn't want to hear it, he would not make her regret spending the night with Jack.

The captain's stare followed her as she headed towards him. She could feel the eyes of the crewmen watching intently at them. When she stood next to him, he released a hand from the wheel to grasp her waist and pull the woman closer to him.

"I had hoped I would wake up next to you," she told him with a tone of fake disappointment. Or at least he thought it was fake.

"I am deeply sorry, luv, but as a captain, my presence was required on deck and not under the sheets." A smirk played on his face, making her own lips curve up into a silly smile that she miserably tried to restrain.

Pressing a hand on his chest, she replied "And as your first mate, I think you should have woken me up, captain," emphasising the last word.

With a swift movement, he turned Narissa so she was pressed against his body and the wooden wheel, facing him. She gasped at the sudden action. Jack leaned down until their noses brushed and whispered "It looked to me that you needed some rest after last night." He moved his head to nuzzle her neck, his beard scratching her skin slightly. She closed her eyes and restrained a moan when his lips left the softest kiss on her collarbone.

They both stopped their affectionate actions when a part of Will's conversation with Gibbs reached their ears: "That night there was a mutiny. The first mate's daughter entered Jack's cabin and seduced him, she chained him so he couldn't defend himself during the mutiny." Gibbs looked at Narissa for a second, but Will didn't notice. Her face fell as memories of that awful night filled her brain. "They marooned Jack on an island and left him to die but not before he'd gone mad with the heat."

"So that's the reason for all the..." Will made strange gestures with his hands, with a weird expression on his face, imitating Jack.

When Narissa chuckled listening to them from the helm, Jack told her "Oi! I don't act like that!"