Previously on Promise Me:

"You wouldn't dare."

"Oh yes I would."

And with that, she pulled it down and covered her eyes along with the rest of the girls while the boys laughed their asses off. "Haha. Very funny." He said, rolling his eyes as he pulled up his underwear and trousers.

The girls slowly uncovered their eyes before bursting into a fit of giggles, most of them did, those of the girls who weren't fond of laughing or smiling just looked at Jean.

"Jean." Phoenix called out, placing her hand on the embarrassed boy's shoulder. "You've embarrassed me enough, just get it over with." He said, outstretching his arms and bending forward so she could take off his shirt. "I am not doing that." Phoenix said, making Jean straighten up and clear his throat, embarrassed. "So, what were you going to say?" He asked, wanting to end the embarrassment right then and there.

"I told you I would kill whoever woke me up."

Despite the fact Phoenix was lost in her thoughts, she still managed to stay a good distance away from the rest of the trainees. The weight being carried on her shoulders wasn't that big of a deal to her and she thought maybe it was the same case with everyone else.

She was wrong.

She turned her head backwards only to find out that very one was at least three meters behind her and most were struggling to keep up. An example of one of those people was the newly recovered Armin. After that beating she gave him barely a few days ago, she couldn't have expected him to be running beside her.

Phoenix turned her head away from the group of trainees behind her and returned to her thoughts. A lot had happened in the few days that she had been a cadet. Ranging from heart break to misunderstandings to verbal combat to physical combat and lots more. Phoenix sighed.

Her life was just one big drama.

Phoenix was knocked from her thoughts as Shardis began to yell at a cadet who was well behind the rest of the cadets. She turned her head to see it was Armin lagging behind.

As expected.

Groaning to herself, Phoenix slowed down her quick pace and became even with Armin's slow and uneven pace. She grabbed onto his pack and swung it over her shoulder.

"You obviously can't do it, so it would be best if you were to drop out." She muttered darkly and ran to catch up with the rest of the group. The weight of his pack was suddenly lifted of her back as Armin caught up to her, his expression hard.

"I'm tired of being weak!" He began, for once, actually having the courage to speak against Phoenix. "I could never fend for myself!" He continued. Phoenix turned to look at him only to find that he had let his bangs fall over his eyes, casting a shadow over them. Though her expression said otherwise, Phoenix was actually pretty surprised at Armin's sudden show of courage.

"Now I can try and you can't stop me! Back in Shiganshina, you would always pick on me, beat me up everyday and insult me. I even thought of going suicidal once but then I realized there was a reason behind your actions, there always is. Despite the fact I now think I understand you quite well, you're still confusing, one second you're being mean to everyone and the next second you're trying to help them improve. I really do appreciate all you've done, but please, stop treating me like I'm weak." He concluded and sped off.

Phoenix blinked, momentarily stunned by Armin's speech. "Oi! Phoenix, are we leaving you behind or what?!" Phoenix blinked once more before turning to the source of the voice.