Chapter 2: First Day

When I woke up in the morning, the first thought that came in my mind was school. I quickly took a bath, then wore my cute dress before running to the kitchen where I found my brothers and Tessa. As soon as Tessa saw me, she let go a whistle before giving me a big hug.

"Good morning. Ready for school?" she asked with a smile.

"If I'm not ready now, when will I be ready?" I said nervously.

"Don't freak out. My brother will come to pick you up. He goes to Jackson Hughes too." she said while pushing my bowl of cereal in front of me.

"You have a brother?" I asked, raising one of my eyebrows in confusion.

"Yes. Dean" she said. "You didn't know?" she asked.

"No. Because you didn't tell me." I replied as if it was obvious.

"I didn't tell you because you never ask." Tessa chuckled. I couldn't argue with her. In fact, nobody could argue with her.

Suddenly, I heard a honk outside. I took my bag and walked outside. When I rose my eyes to look at the car, my mouth dropped open. It was a red Ferrari. Inside, there was a handsome boy with sandy blond hair and blue eyes. He looked amused by my reaction. He honked again, prompting me to come. I walked to his car and entered it. His hand was in front of me in form of a shake hand.

"Hello, I'm Dean." He introduced with a smile. Damn! He got beautiful eyes.

"And I'm Shyne" I said while shaking his hand. Soon, he started to drive.

"Still not used to being rich?" he asked me with a mocking smile on his face.

"I don't think that I will ever get used to it" I mumbled more to myself than to him. I knew that he heard what I said as he gave me a side glance.

"Looking at your face when you saw that car, it was easy to guess" he said with a smile.

"No. it's just difficult for me. I was used to having a normal life in France. But here," I said looking at the houses as we passed by them "Everything seems easy. Look at those houses, even this residential area is for VIP. It's as if they have put a barrier between the rich and poor" I mumbled.

"And is it wrong?" he asked politely.

"Yes" I said as a whisper. He smiled at the road."I'm sorry if I'm annoying you with all this. I don't know why I'm talking that much" I whispered loud enough for him to hear.

"No. You're not annoying me" he reassured. "You're right about the boundary." He gave me a kind smile."And I think you're nervous" he added as he turned in the school parking. Yeah, I was dead nervous. That school was really big. There was students everywhere.

"Don't be nervous" Dean said, interrupting my thoughts. He opened the door for me and as soon as I got out, I felt all eyes on me. I didn't know if they were looking at me or at the Ferrari. I turned to Dean.

"Are they looking at me or at your car?" I asked him. He looked amused.

"My car isn't new here. it's you" he told me while looking around. "Nobody can blame them for looking at you because you're beautiful" he continued naturally. I could feel my cheeks turning red.

"Thank you" I thanked. He walked with me in the hallway. Knowing that everyone was looking at me, I hid myself behind my hair. Dean left after directing me the principal's office to get my schedules. As I got out of the office, I tried to look for my locker. I was walking when I heard someone call my name.

"Shyne!" someone called. I turned around to look for the person. Alize was waving at me with a big bright smile on her face. Alize is one of the friends I made in the tuition.