recovery. [ finale ]

There was something about the way he looked at me.

As I sat with my back against the headboard, he watched me. My fork traveled back and forth, stabbing the fruit and back to my mouth slowly.

There was something about the way he spoke to me.

"I'm glad you're home". His voice was slow and deep, a little raspy but I loved that. His voice struck emotion in me, from the many times he has called my name from a far to the times he has whispered sweet nothings into my ears. That smirk that pulled at the corners of his lips and the sparkle within his eyes. I nearly melted at the thought of it.. but the sight, the sight of it was too beautiful to handle.

"Thank you" I mumbled, my vision shifted to my bowl as I messed with the remainder of fruit chunks. Placing to the bowl to the side, I shifted my attention to Rayan who was now crawling over me.

"I'm not mad at you" He whispered. I figured he was referring to the abortion because his eyes traveled down to my stomach and back up. He had now been hovering over me, placing kisses all over my face and neck all without touching my lips.

My cheeks burned red but my lips ran dry as I ached for that kiss and every time I expected it to happen, he moved to another part of my face. I moaned his name and reached out to bring him closer but that was a fail because he pushed my arms away and his touch made me weak. His lips then finally connected with mine after minutes of teasing and it was bliss.

The feeling of knowing that you've been with a person for a while and that they can make you hot with just a kiss, that feeling is like euphoria. He edged up from the bed  pulling me along with him in the direction of the mirror. He held me tight in front of it, repeatedly leaving small pecks on my cheek and shoulder.

"You're beautiful, y'know? Everything about you, Zoul, are the most beautiful thing i've ever witnessed" His voice spoke softly, just so I could hear. He than spun me around and I landed right back on the bed. The room was full of small giggles. 

"Well, I have somewhere to go. A little special surprise for my beautiful Zoul, and I will be back to get you later." 

I didn't question him. The best choice is to let a man do his thing, never stress him too much. I just laid back and watch him get dressed. He pulled on a navy blue, silk button down onto his torso, buttoning it while admiring himself in the mirror. He than slid on a pair of slacks and a blazer with his snazzy loafers. Before leaving he pulled his 'dreads' back into a low ponytail.

Watching him, in silence, was just beautiful. One of the most astonishing things i've ever laid eyes on. He was just beautiful, and he had a beautiful soul as well. I couldn't help but smile gently while watching him.

"I'll be back to pick you up at 7" he leaned over me and left a small kiss upon my lips. I almost couldn't pull away. I nodded in agreement and laid my head back down against the cool pillow. As he walked out, Dite walked in. Her hair in kinks and curls with flowers in various places. I observed her and wondered if my child would hold features like her. 

Would my baby share the same milk chocolate skin like her and Rayan, or will my baby have darker skin like my brother and I. Either way my child would be beautiful. I would teach my child the easy way through life, peace and patience. But I will also teach my baby to stand up for what they believe in, no matter what others say.

Dite climbed into my bed without saying a word and cuddled up into my arms. I looked over at the clock which read 10:35 and back at Dite who was now dosing off to sleep. A slight smile danced upon my lips as I held her close.

Let's see what the future holds.

 When I woke up it was 11:30 and Dite was sitting on the edge of my bed waiting for me. There were rose petals all over my bed and a trail leading out of the door. She grabbed my hand and started to pull me off the bed, giggling and going on about surprises. As i placed my feet on the ground my night grown was clutched onto my body due to the little air blowing through the window.

Dite lead me out of the room through the flower petal trail and down to the kitchen. There was a beautiful breakfast made for me. Avacado on toasted wheat, fruits, coffee the exact same breakfast I had when we sat together in the caf for the first time.

After that beautiful breakfast, Dite lead me to my bed room and into my walk-in closet. I was in awe! A long, laced, black dress hung on a gold hanger, a pair of red bottom heels sat on my dresser with a tube of matte red lipstick. On the vanity mirror a single note was taped up. It read:

"Your mouth is the safest harbor I have ever known. Cut me open I'm just an orchestra of birds. We're untouchable and alone. Tell me that's the way you're always going to glow and I will never shut my eyes again"

His words always seem to make me fall deeper in love, if that's even possible. 

i decided to jump in the shower. the shower rack was make of beautiful brown wood, it resembled a tree branch. 

after hours of getting ready, Rayan came back to pick me up. He helped me into the car and drove us sort of a long way from my house. In the car, Rayan played a very beautiful playlist of some of my favorite alt. artists. The 1975, Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay, The Jungle Giants, etc. We soon arrived at a beautiful house. It was huge! There was a huge green yard with a beautiful flat-stoned passage leading to the front door. That's where he lead me. He led me inside the home and it was completely empty.

"Wow, this is beautiful" I smiled, examining the home. "Who lives here?"

"Us" He smiled.

I nearly choked. "What?"

"You heard me" He chuckled, placing the keys into my hand. "We have a place of our own, this is OUR home, YOUR home"

My arms instantly flew around his neck and i flooded his face with kisses. I couldn't believe he got us a house! I heard small laughter erupt from him as he tried to keep himself from falling. A slight giggled escaped from my lips as I pulled away from him.

"We can celebrate later, now let's go eat" He laughed and led me to the kitchen. On the counter was a huge box of cheese pizza. I almost cried. He got us a home AND pizza!!! We instantly dug in eating without remorse. It's been a while since i've had pizza and i had definitely been feenin'. There was a knock at the door, Rayan notified me that he'd get it and I just shrugged it off.

Minutes later he came back with a balled up piece of paper in his hand and said it was nothing, so we ignored it and went back to eating and just talked about how we'd decorate our home together. Rayan excused himself to the bathroom, leaving the crumbled note on the counter. I decided, "why not take a peek?" My heart dropped as I read the note.

                                         "If you thought this was over,

                                                     you haven't even seen the worst of it.

                                                                                  - craig                                "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this finale was shit,

but that's what happens when you lose interest in a story.

sequel or nah?