Chapter 1: The beginning

I was 12 when it happened. My family, being rich, had sent me off to Hawaii with only my Chauffeur. They did this for all my birthdays, flying me to a destination of my choice for 2 weeks after my birthday. This year, I chose Hawaii. Last year it was Paris, before that Italy. It was a normal thing that happened. Like Christmas or Thanksgiving. 
   When me and Luke landed, he immediately scooped me into the car. He had booked us a hotel right on the ocean. It was one of the most fancy hotels in Hawaii. Scratch that, THE most fancy hotel in Hawaii. He parked the car and dragged me through the lobby to the front desk where he checked us into the presidential suite. It was huge. I was used to the big hotel rooms, but this one was big enough to be a house. There were stairs leading up to the 3 rooms, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. I walked around to take a look at the place. There was a kitchen right as we walked in, 2 bedrooms upstairs, 2 bathrooms, 1 upstairs 1 downstairs, a living room with about a 70 inch TV, and then there was a huge patio with a Jacuzzi on it. I walked out to the patio and saw it overlooked the ocean. It was beautiful. But also scary. I had been scared of the ocean for awhile. It was big and practically unexplored, who could blame me? I walked back inside and got settled and ready for bed as it was already 10:30 when we got there. I walked up the twisting metal stairwell and went into the room on the left. I unpacked my bags and pulled out my toothbrush and toothpaste. I opened my door and heard snoring from the other room. . I slowly closed my door and opened the bathrooms. There were 2 sinks there. I layed my toothpaste down next to 1 of the sinks and quietly proceeded with brushing my teeth. I slipped into bed, not bothering to change my clothes, and drifted off into a deep sleep.
   I woke up to Luke's most delicious smelling blueberry pancakes laying next to me with a note that said, "I have gone to get our gear to go scuba diving today. I'll be back soon." I groaned not wanting to be cooped up in this hotel any longer. I grabbed a pancake and angrily shoved it into my mouth. I finished the pancakes and slipped on my bikini, getting ready to go scuba diving. I knew we would have to put some kind of suit on over it but I still wanted to look cute. About an hour later, Luke came back with all our gear. He handed me a suit, a snorkeling mask, and an oxygen tank. He drove us down to the beach where the guide was waiting for us. He helped us put our suits on and correctly get the snorkeling mask and the oxygen tank on. Once we were both done we headed down the beach for about 1/2 a mile before reaching a sign saying, "Snorkelers Bay". My fear of oceans was starting to kick in and I knew it was gonna be a long day.