∤7∤

⚬⚬⚬

⚬⚬⚬

Zoe's POV

Well, fun at Fergal's ended early due to Roman and Amanda blowing up my phone. Annoying the shit out of me. So when I finally did come home they gave me a whole speech. Mostly Amanda and Roman glaring to which I cursed him out. So one thing lends to another I'm currently in my room looking at the wall. Staring at complete nothingness.

I could get a book but that's downstairs and 1) I don't feel like running into the jackass 2) I don't feel like getting up and walking downstairs. So I'm just staring at the ceiling, making me think about suicide. I thoughts get blocked when I hear a knock on my door. " leave" I yell so they can go and leave me alone to think about what I've done.

But not listening they walk right in, making me roll my eyes and look back up at the ceiling not caring who it was. I heard the door close and footsteps coming closer to me. "Zoe" Roman. I would know that voice from a mile away. "can we talk" I look at him. My eyebrows coming together telling him that I'm confused.

He sighs and walks closer to my bed. "Zoe, I don't know why you hate me so much" his brown eyes connected to mine. "ever since I and your mother dated you hated me, not giving me a chance to show you that I'm not a bad guy" I turn my head back to the ceiling. I did do that but I was taking my anger out and just hated him cause he randomly walked into my life. Not giving me the time to process my father's death.

After a long period silence, I finally speak up "it's not your fault" I whisper. I feel his eyes on me. "every since my dad died, I guess I...." I pause trying to not make myself cry. It's still a hard subject for me to swallow. I can't talk about him and not be sad. I feel the bed dip "it's just, imagine your dad died and your mother brings this new guy right into your life, forgetting all about him" my eyes start to tear up thinking about him, thinking about the memories of game nights. I know I cant rewind and stop that stupid drunk driver that lived but at least he's watching over me. My guardian angel.

"Hey," he whispers. He takes his hand and gently moves my chin to look at him. " I can't say I know the feelin' " he wipes away the tears that flow down my cheeks with his thumb " I know that I jumped into your life and what I did probably didn't make it better but I just want us on a good page" I nod my head and look back at the ceiling. Trying to stop the tears that keep on flowing down my face. He lays down next to me, slithering his arm around my waist. Pulling me onto his chest

I cry into his chest as he rubs my back and plays with my hair. Whispering sweet nothings in my ear, making me calm down. " would you like if we went to a restaurant and talked?" his voice soft " yeah, I would like that a lot" his chest muffling my words. I comfortable silence taking over. I close my eyes and take this in. Roman is actually being nice to me, without being yelled at my mom. This is really fishy but let's just see how long this lasts.