fifteen

Late September

The Beverly Hilton

Charlotte's P.O.V.

I sat in the hotel lobby with my four large bags surrounding me. There weren't many people waking through the lobby today. Most people were at work at this time on a Monday morning. Heels of women's shoes and fingers clicking on keyboards were the only sounds heard in the lobby. There was no TV or radio on, people doing their own thing.

I am a bon vivant and enjoy the luxurious things in life, but the sophistication of the people staying here makes me feel on edge. No one stops to take in the surroundings of this elegant hotel. Thank goodness I won't be staying here any longer.

A tall, muscular man walking through the hotel doors caught my eye. Tyler's signature smirk masked his face as he walked over to me. His hair was a curly and kinky as ever, with a beanie covering the back of his head. He wore a black v-neck shirt and blue jeans, paired with some Vans.

I stood up and brushed off my light washed high wasted blue jeans. I sported these jeans with a black bralette shirt, my embroidered block heels, and my palm springs Louis Vuitton back pack on my back. I wore some Smashbox red matte lipstick, and my hair was a naturally wavy as ever.

Tyler walked over to me, and his face turned from a smirk to a wide smile. I gave him a small smile in return as he stood in front of me.

"Hey," he said to me in a quiet tone.

"Hi," I stuttered out.

"Ready to go home?" he asked me, and his smile grew larger. Mine did as well as I slowly nodded my head and grabbed two of my bags. He grabbed the other two, and we walked towards to exit.

Tyler and I walked out of the hotel, with me walking ahead. I made sure to put on my pair of Thierry Lasry Epiphany capped cat-eye sunglasses before walking out of the hotel. To my luck, only one paparazzi saw me, and he snapped a couple of photos of Tyler and I.

"What's going on?" Tyler whispered in my ear as we reached the car.

"Nothing. They take photos of everyone that walks out of this hotel, in case they are a celebrity," I assured him. Tyler put the bags in the trunk of the car, then opened the passenger seat for me. I kissed his cheek as a way of saying thank you, then hopped in. He walked around the other side and got into the car.

"Do they know you?" Tyler asked me as he started the car.

"They might, but I doubt it," I answered as he pulled the car out of the parking spot.

"Why would they?" He asked as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"I mean, my parents are pretty well-known lawyers, and I've done some modeling, and I'm friends with a couple of other famous models, so I assume that's why they would know of me."

"That's pretty awesome. Do you know anyone that lives here?," he said as he pulled onto the highway.

"Yeah, my friend Gigi. I ran into her yesterday when I was with Ethan. She's a model." I sighed, then spoke again. "I'm kinda mad at Ethan."

"I don't blame you. He did tell us all what you told him..." Tyler said quietly.

"I want to be mad at him, but I can't stay mad at Ethan."

"No one can."

"I don't want any help."

"Charlie..." he said just above a whisper. I sighed, and kept my attention out the window. I suddenly became very anxious and nauseous.