He Came from Narnia: Chapter 40

Jess, Honey and Rhoady made their way back to camp with their spoils: Honey caught a rabbit, Rhoady caught a badger and Jess dragged back her large evil rat. All three women very proudly brought their kills back to feed everyone. With more people to feed now, more people would have to hunt.

"Good job ladies," Rocky smiled, "All this meat should feed us for a few days."

"Knowing the men around here, this meat will only last a night," Rhoady crossed her arms, "They are so selfish."

"They must not be accustomed to the battle life," Rocky scoffed, "They would be less glutinous if they knew what it was like. Don't worry Rhoady, we'll show them the ropes."

Rhoady and Jess smiled at Rocky; they admired his ambition to teach the men how to survive in the wild and during battle. The last thing Jess wanted was lazy soldiers and Rhoady felt the same. Together, Rhoady and Jess combined forces to create a stronghold and build a deadly fleet as they made their way to the coast.

Jackson became suspicious: "What are you doing Jess?" he said grabbing her arm, "You're creating monsters!"

"NO!" Jess said backing away, "I'm creating what you wanted! I'm doing what you asked me to do! I am building the army that you asked me to build!" Jess broke down in frustration and Jackson bent over her to comfort her.

"It's OK Jess," Jackson said, "I'll help you and Rhoady figure things out. Rocky is a good soldier, he can help as well."

Jess smiled and gathered herself, "I'm sorry Jackson, I just wanted to make you happy and do what you asked me to."

"Jess....You make me happy just by being here..." Jackson said, "Nothing makes me happier than having you near me."

Jess was flattered upon hearing this: "Do you mean it?" She asked, "Yugyeom always said those kinds of things but....I was never sure if he meant it."

Jackson laughed, "Knowing Yugyeom. He meant it. That man never says anything he doesn't mean. He's too honest for his own good."

"So....you're not being honest with me? Is that what you're saying?" Jess asked accusatively, "This is all one-sided? It's all a lie?"

"If it's all one-sided then it's me doing all the work!" Jackson yelled, "You love Yugyeom and I am here wanting to love you! ONE-SIDED?! What the fuck are you talking about you hypocrite!"

Jess backed down immediately, things between her and Jackson went from 100 ~ 0 in seconds! She broke down and asked for his forgiveness, Jess couldn't bare to have Jackson angry with her. She knew he was being manipulative again but couldn't help herself. While she loved Yugyeom, she also loved Jackson: Jess was caught in double jeopardy.

♥♥

Erykah and Mark were quickly becoming friendly and Hazel was having a good time watching this relationship develop. She knew Mark deserved someone good and felt that Erykah was the one for him. While. She, herself was alone, Hazel wanted everyone to be happy. She knew Austin and her could never be but she knew she would always have his friendship; although she longed for more.

"Austin," Hazel said as they sat amongst the trees, "I love you."

Austin looked at Hazel very confused, "Excuse me? You what?"

"I love you," Hazel repeated herself while staring off into the distance, "I always have."

Austin was speechless, "I don't know how to respond to that, Hazel. You've always been my best friend. I love you too, but I am not sure I can love you more than a friend...but I want to."