Magic- Part 2

Well, I know that I kind of left out an important detail there.

So, I know that you probably have a lot of questions, so I'll answer some possible ones. Yes, we have magical powers. We can do pretty much anything, as long as it doesn't seriously harm others. No, we don't have wands. That is just a rumour started by the Elves. Finally, no, absolutely not, witches and warlocks are not the same as wizards. You really believe in that stuff?

Anyway, this is where the story starts. Starting right now, I will tell you everything from present day.

This morning, I crawled out of my bed and trudged over to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and was almost scared of what I saw. My long, brown hair was sticking in every direction. I grabbed my hairbrush and ripped through it. OW, OW, OW! I thought to myself. Zaid and I have forest duty today, so we have to be in the Elves' woods by 6:30 am. Forest duty is basically when they send wizards into the forest to make sure that monsters don't enter the area. It's like throwing innocent, little bunnies into a wolf's den. Zaid is all big and strong and muscular, so I don't think I have much to worry about. Once I was done ripping my hair out, I threw on a t-shirt, jeans, and boots, and walked out the front door of my house.

I got to Zaid's house about 5 minutes later. As I walked in the front door, I was greeted by a friendly shriek and a warm hug.

"Destin, I haven't seen you lately! How are you doing? I've missed you so much!"

Another hug.

"Hi Mrs. Cooper! I'm doing great! How about you?"

"Oh, just great! Zaid is in his room. He'll be ready in a minute."

"Mom!" Zaid yelled down from his room. "You don't have to maul her. It's not like you haven't seen her in a year? She was just over yesterday!"

"Oh, I'm sorry Zaid! I didn't mean to embarrass you. But hurry up! You have to be in the forest in 15 minutes! Even the girl is ready before you!"

"Oh relax! I'm coming."

I heard his voice getting closer and closer until he was standing next to me. He grabbed his jacket and we ran out the door.