The Special Day

Killua POV

"Wake up, Killuaaaaaaaaa!" Gon cheered in front of my face. My eyes slowly pried open to expose his energetic hazel eyes waiting for me to get up and get dressed. He dragged off the covers until I flopped on the floor like a dead fish. 

"Gon, it's 9:30. It's too early..." I groaned, pointing a limp finger to the alarm clock on the bedside table. He laughed and helped me up.

"9:30 is pretty late in the morning, Killua." He sighed, pushing me forward. "You just stay up really late- that's why you're tired. What are you doing that late?"

"I just...I guess I kinda stare at the wall..." I replied. 

"You know what they say: If you can't fall asleep, you must be awake in someone else's dreams!" Gon giggled, finally managing to push me out the bedroom door. 

"Wait," I moaned, pointing a finger up. "Day clothes." I was in a baggy white shirt with navy shorts, not at all appropriate for being out and about. 

Gon stopped shoving me and ran back into the bedroom. "Almost forgot!"

Oh gosh, what's he doing now... I thought. Please don't tell me he---

"I layed out some clothes for you last night!" Gon smiled, pushing the clothes in my arms and skipping off. He did.

"Why are you being such a mom today?" I ask, eyeing his happy face while putting clothes in a drawer. "Isn't that usually Kurapika's job?"

"You're so funny!" Gon smiled, skipping over to me and pecking me on the nose. "I'm going to change clothes too." 

"Don't you wear the same clothes literally every day?" I questioned.

"No! Of course not! The outfit would get dirty! I have multiple pairs!" Gon whined as he pulled multiples of the same jacket out of a dresser drawer. "See?" he smiled. I shrugged and walked into the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I reached the bathroom, I remember that despite his best efforts, Gon is a fashion disaster. He stuffed in my lavender sweatshirt with bright red pants. I'm sorry, I thought. I'm not publicly humiliating myself with this. I lifted up the shirt and pants to see if they could possible go together. I wanted to make Gon happy, but by doing so, all my dignity would be lost.

Oh...I say to myself. I act like I have any dignity at all. Besides, it's for Gon.

I took a deep breath and put the outfit on. Occasionally, I cringe while looking in the full body mirror, but the voice in my head echoes: It's for Gon. It's for Gon. It's for Gon. He was so happy about doing everything for me this morning. It's for Gon. 

I waltzed out of the bathroom into the hallway and knocked on the bedroom door. 

"Come in!" Gon's happy voice chimed. I opened the door to reveal he had made the bed and folded the clothes that once poured out of the dresser. 

"Okay, what is with you today?" I ask, crossing my arms and slouching. 

"Killua...."Gon blushes, walking towards me. "This is usually your job, to clean up the house and such... and today's a special day!"

"What's today?" I sigh. "Another training day?"

"What?! You don't know?" Gon screamed at me, standing on his toes to hover ever so slightly over me. 

"No. Enlighten me." I put my hand on his head and pushed it down to its usual level. 

"Killua! TODAY IS YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!" Gon screamed, pointing to a stack of gifts hiding behind a closet.