Chapter Seven [ Festival ]

.
.
.

Hoshi woke up on Thursday with a smile on her face, as usual.

On Saturday, there was a festival, and her mom told Hoshi she could bring one friend. Her first thought was to ask Kikawa, but she had a party she needed to go to, so she was going to ask Aone.

She got changed into her uniform and was out the door, after she had brushed her teeth and had breakfast of course.

She walked to the train station, got on the train and sat in her usual seat, which was right by the door Aone entered.

As Kikawa was going to the party, and it was in a different country, it would be just her and Aone until Monday after the festival.

When Aone got on the train, Hoshi motioned for him to sit beside her and he complied, like he always did.

Hoshi gave him that heart-stopping smile she always had on her face.

When they got off the train, Aone and Hoshi walked the last bit to school. Aone walked Hoshi to her locker and waved goodbye and walked to his class.

Hoshi waved to Aone before grabbing her things from her locker and going to her own class.

-&-

After classes were over, Hoshi walked to the gym, as she didn't have swim practice.

She got to the gym about halfway through their practice, as she had some work she had to finish before she could go to the gym.

When she entered the gym, all the boys turned to her.

Hoshi blushed a bit and waved to the boys, and they continued practice.

During practice though, Aone would look at Hoshi every time she wasn't looking.

When practice ended, the boys went to change and Hoshi waited for Aone outside the gym doors.

When Aone was done in the change rooms, he exited the building and joined the waiting Hoshi on their walk to the café.

It had become tradition for the two to go to the café after practice if they had the time. Kikawa sometimes went with them, but it was mostly just the two of them because Kikawa had to look after her younger siblings.

As they entered the café, Hoshi lead them to their usual seat and sat down, Aone sitting across from her.

"Aone." Hoshi said, getting his attention.

He hummed in response, telling Hoshi he was listening.

"Are you going to the festival on Saturday?" She asked him as she played with her hands.

Hoshi looked up and saw Aone nodding his head.

She brightened up and smiled again.

"Want to go to the festival with me?" Hoshi asked him as she looked across the table for his reaction.

But before he could respond, their waitress came to their table with their orders.

Hoshi gave her a smile while Aone nodded his head to her, no smile present on his face.

She smiled back at them before walking away.

Hoshi took a sip of her milkshake before looking back at Aone, who was still looking at her.

"Do you want to?" Hoshi asked again.

Aone didn't hesitate. He nodded strongly, making Hoshi break out into a grin.