"where do you keep your first aid box?"

she looks at his reflection through the mirror.

"other cabinet, top right."

"found it!"

oliver returns with a small bottle of disinfectant fluid, a cotton swab, and a blue bandage with hearts. jumping up, he seats himself on the marble and waits for her to dry her hands. without a word, she holds her hand out.

"whats the magic word~?"

"i'll chuck you out the window."

"...fine enough. guess that'll do~"

he begins. first with the disinfectant fluid on a cotton swab then with the bandage.

"nice necklace."

she looks up at him before shifting her gaze towards the mirror to see herself. the necklace was tightened so that the green gem could be more visible. it hung at the hollow center of her collar bone.

"thanks."

"who gave it to you?"

"what makes you think someone gave it to me? i could have bought it for myself as a gift to me from me."

"because... i know you're not that rich to waste money on something so costly."

"excuse me? i have enough money! what do you mean by—"

"i mean i'm not not rich either. but people like us value money. plus there aren't many wealthy people here...except for Jonathan...and Sara... and—well anyone who lives in a or b block. aren't we lucky enough to live in c block? there just happened to an apartment reserved for good i.q. and not cash."

"i guess..."

"..."

"..."

"so, are you going to tell me who gave you that necklace."

she takes the small stone between her thumb and bandaged finger.

"i bumped into this stranger, a friend now, a few months ago. he got his bracelet stuck into my hair and when i got home this fell to the floor."

she looked down at the green pendant.

"then he somehow got hold of my number and told me that he wanted the it back. so when i told him to meet me at the place where we first met, but he left. traveling and stuff. so then we continued to texted back and forth and before we knew it we became friends."

"..."

"...i know. it's weird."

"no, not really. i think it's pretty cool."

"well thanks"

he gets stunned by how quickly her normal, bored and grumpy face changed into one of the most innocent and sincere looks she's ever worn. almost instantly. they stare at each other for what seemed like minutes. completely oblivious.

"....um oliver?"

"y-yes?"

"umm... do you mind..."

"mind what? you can tell me."

"..."

"..."

"do you mind letting go of my hand now? the bandaid's on but you haven't let go of my hand for the past few minutes and your hands are getting really sweaty. so if you could—"

"r-r-right!"

he removes his hands and the both of them awkwardly wipe their hands on the front of their jeans.

"listen oliver, you're a nice guy but i need you to understand that i'm not the right person."

"what are you talking about?"

"i understand why you might like me and all—"

"where is this—"

"let me finish."

"but—"

"i know you like me."

"w-what?"

"it's sort of obvious."

"but i don't like you."

"oh really~. then why are you following me?"

"because—"

"first you picked me to be your partner for our chemistry project. talk non-stop. keep bumping or running into me almost everywhere in the academy. you ask my friends for my number. then you switch to the same math and literature class as me."

"wait—"

"now you followed me into my house and barged in—"

"the door was open—"

"oliver, you're a nice guy, really! i'm sure some girl will definitely fall for you but that girl is not me. i don't like you..."

"can i speak now?"

"sure."

"i don't like you nor do i have feelings for you."

"i find that hard to believe."

"why?"

"because you were stalking me."

"i was only doing that because..."

she folded her arms.

"...because i needed help okay. my grades aren't the best at the moment and i need someone to help me."

"so why me? why didn't you ask remin. einstein's child is about ten times smarter than me."

"you think i didn't try? i asked and she just walked away from me. same for gina and jane."

"soooo why me?"

"you just said it, remin is ten times smarter than you and you are about twenty times smarter than me — according to the iq papers of last semester."

she nodded her head but then snapped her head back at him.

"wait! how do you know—"

"i borrowed some of the exam papers from the administration office."

sandara chuckled.

"you are so unbelievable."

she walks out the bathroom, still giggling over what she just heard, and goes back inside the kitchen to continue with her inevitable fate; make some coffee.

"so will you help me sandara? please?"

she thinks about it

"maybe."

she pulls out another coffee cup, but this time two; one gray and the other blue.

"first, help me make the cup coffee you ruined...you can make one for yourself as well."