Chapter five: Movies

Hey guys I'm back! Sorry for not updating in a while, I've had a bad case of writers block and I've recently been very interested in the book series, Keeper of the Lost Cities, so yeah. I've also been trying to figure things out with school n stuff, but now I'm back! Sorry for the long wait. Btdubs, I'm thinking of starting a new fanfic- yeah I know what y'all are probably gonna say- "ugh, another one." (Please no DJ Khaled references please. Seriously. I'm begging here🙏🏾). But yeah I really like the KOTLC series and I wanna use one of my multiple Drabbles as a fanfic.

But now I'm yammering on too much and u guys wanna story! So without further ado, here's chapter number five!

Noah's P.O.V:

"Well this is just fantastic," I thought to myself, begrudgingly. Here I am, wedged between two girls who are currently having another argument, with Emily in the front seat, sunglasses on eyes, tapping to the beat of her music while Ms. Anderson plays some country song on the radio, singing along merrily to it- all while scrunched up in a small car. How did I get into this predicament you may ask? Well......

~Flashback~

"NOAH!!!" A booming voice shocked me out of my slumber, my eyes snapping open. Blinking, I slowly sit myself up, feeling incredible tired. I must've gotten around 5 hours of sleep at the most. Groaning, I rub my face in an attempt to adapt to the morning brightness. It doesn't work. Ugh. Stupid dream...... If this keeps happening, I'll never be able to fall asleep-

"RILEY! STOP USING MY HAIR BRUSH!!!" I jump at the sudden and shrill sound of Richelle's voice. "WHAT'RE YOU TALKING ABOUT? THIS ONE'S MINE!!" Riley retaliates. "UH, NO IT ISN'T! THE BLUE ONE HAS ALWAYS BEEN MINE, IT'S BEEN MINE FOR YEARS!!" "NO IT HASN'T!" "YES IT HAS!" "NO IT HASN'T!!" "YES IT HAS!!!" "NO IT-" "OH MY GOD GUYS, WHO THE HELL CARES?!??! SHUT UP!!!!" A new voice pops in. Emily, aka, the voice of reason, is clearly thinking the same as me. Groaning again, I flop my head back onto my pillow. Good god, if it's always going to be like this.....

"NOAH!! OH, NOAH!" The voice that has once called me before, calls out to me again. I lazily lift my head and acknowledge the knocking on my door. "Come in," I say, sounding half-asleep. Probably because my mind feels awake but my body hasn't realized that just yet.
Ms. Anderson steps into my room and grins at me. "Noah! Oh good, you're decent!" She says, making my cheeks heat up. Oh god- did Richelle tell her about last night?

My answer comes when Ms. Anderson adds, "I thought you might've been in the middle of changing right now, so I didn't want to disturb you," she explains to me with a grin, per usual. I breath out a sigh of relief. Thank the lord..... "Um, what's going on?" I ask, desperate to change the subject. Ms. Anderson furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?" She questions, completely disregarding the yelling in the background. "I raise my eyebrow. "Uh..." I say, not sure how to explain it in a nice way.

The entire situation finally seems to dawn on Ms. Anderson and she led out a laugh, smacking her hand to her forehead. "Oh my, my memory's been failing me! Signs of aging," she said, winking at me playfully, "I completely forgot to tell you how the girls are in the morning." My eyes widen. "So... they're always like this?" I ask a little fearfully. Ms. Anderson shoots me a small apologetic smile and nods.

It takes me a bit of time to process the information in my head. Oh my gosh, they are always like this..... "Noah? Noah are you okay with that? I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I can try and tell them to stop if you'd like, but the problem is that I've tried before, so, sooo many times before and they just don't listen....." Ms. Anderson rambles on, breaking out of my haze. I quickly stop her before she feels anymore guilty. "Ms. Anderson, don't worry it's fine," I assure her, causing her to pause mid-rant. "I was just a little surprised, that's all. I'm not exactly- used to this kind of stuff, y'know?" I say, rubbing the back of my neck a little sheepishly.