1

With graduation over I could finally pursue my dream of going to Harvard and becoming a lawyer. I decided to visit my parents before I went to college. My parents lived in our Dillon, Montana pack house while I lived an apartment in the city. I didn't want to live in the pack territory because I wanted a normal life. I never asked to be a werewolf, so when I first shifted, I left.

  I didn't feel welcome in the pack. My parents were the Beta and Beta female, meaning that I being their first born would've been a Beta to the Alpha. The problem was the Alpha hated girls. That meant either way I would never have become the Beta.

  Most of the younger women in the pack feared the Alpha because he believed that women were worthless and shouldn't be a part of the pack. He believed that if they weren't mated then they should have no rank in a pack. Which is one of the reasons I was an Omega.

  I crossed into pack territory and could here the howls from the border. I was surprised that they didn't send guards to the border to stop me since everybody hated me. As I headed down the narrow road toward the pack house, I noticed a few pups were training in the fields.

 I parked my car by the training fields and got out. A few of the trainers looked at me with curious glances, but I kept my head straight. I had always hated watching younger kids train. I knew some of them were as young as 5, which disgusted me.

 I saw all of the fights going on but I guess that was how they trained here in the Dark Moon Pack. Most of the time I spent here when I was younger was around my parents house so I've never met the Alpha before. I mean I've met his father but not Jackson.

 I was glad I had never met the Alpha, I mean who wants to selfish, ignorant a**hole? Not me. I walked into my parents house, which was right next to the pack house. But they're no where around.

 I sat my stuff down in my old room and went to see if they were in the pack house. When I walked in the pack doors, everyone looked at me like I was a disease. I smirked and continued walking.

 Entering the pack house felt abnormal because the doors were taller than my apartment doors and made me feel like I was about to walk into Belle's castle. The doors didn't even squeak as I opened them to the huge pack house. Like how do they even afford all of this, their water and electricity bills must be outrageous. Mine is almost $100 dollars because of the cooking I did for my cooking class I took as a senior.

  I see my parents in kitchen talking to someone who is rummaging through the fridge. I look around before entering the kitchen. Not seeing anything that interesting I walked into the kitchen to see my parents eating at the table with the same person I saw with his head stuck in the fridge. I sat down and looked up at the stranger and I heard my wolf scream, "Mate!"

 What, I didn't want to have a mate. This is going to ruin everything, my whole career! I have to reject him.

"Carley, this is Alpha Jackson."

 Oh no. Even if I hadn't wanted to reject my mate, now it would happen either way. Jackson shut the fridge and looked at me, I took a deep breath before almost shouting, "I, Carley Morgan, reject you, --."

 Before I could say anymore, I felt a pair of lips fall onto mine. I felt sparks fly between us, so I knew it was Jackson. I pulled away and gasped while I heard Jackson say, "No."

 My parents probably thought we were crazy, but they knew how I felt and they knew how he felt. I didn't want a mate and neither did Jackson, so why didn't he let me reject him? I wanted to go to college and live my life outside of the wolf world. Jackson didn't want a mate at all, why wasn't this all over already?

Jackson looked at me and said, "You can't reject me."

I took a deep breath, "And why not?"

"Because you're different."

 My eyebrows furrowed and Jackson looked at my parents who looked really confused. He said, "Can you give us a few minutes?"

 Without my parents replying, Jackson pulled me out of the room and into what seemed like his office. When I got in there he asked, "Why?"

I looked over and said, "Why does it matter? You don't want a mate."

He growled, "That doesn't give you a reason to reject me."

"I would've rejected anyone, it doesn't matter."

He looked confused, "Why?"

 "I don't want a mate, I don't want to live in the wolf world. I have my life planned out already. I'm going to Massachusetts after I leave here. This wasn't supposed to happen. So, reject me and get it over with."

He had a scowl on, "You can't leave. My pack needs a Luna."

 I scoffed, "That's not what you've said these past few years. I don't care what this pack needs, I don't care if everything crumbles after I leave. I want to live my life the way I've planned it."

 Jackson grabbed my wrists, "I'm not letting you leave, I don't care if you had plans, now your plans are to stay in my pack and give me pups."

"I'm not doing anything for you. I'm leaving."

I tried to pull out of Jackson's grip, but he kept hold and said, "At least give us a chance."

"Why should I, what has this pack ever done for me?"