Gotta Pac-Man Tattoo

Jeremy stared up at the tattoo shop, his eyebrows drawn together in an obviously nervous expression. He fidgeted in his place, biting his lip and staring blankly at the sign and thinking about what was to come. His first tattoo. He slowly snuck a glance at Michael, watching the taller boy hop from foot to foot in an ecstatic kind of happy dance. Relief slowly filled him as he smiled at his childish best friend, who was paying for this all. It was Jeremy who stupidly suggested it, but he never thought Michael would actually get the money, and both their parent's permission for the tattoos.

            "You pick the tattoos, so I get to pick the spot, right?" Michael asked, looking back down at his smiling friend. He was pretty oblivious to Jeremy's worry and fear, but Jeremy liked it that way. He knew Michael would never do this if Jeremy didn't want too, but he also knew that he was so excited for this. Jeremy sighed and nodded, letting Michael lead him into the cute little store. The man behind the counter looked up when he heard the small bell go off. He offered the two boys a smile as they got closer, Jeremy still thinking about what tattoos to get. The man stood to greet them, a knowing look on his face.

              "What would you gentlemen like today?" He asked, watching the two carefully. Michael began to talk to the man about their appointment, as Jeremy looked at the colorful images that lined the wall. It was his job to pick, and it had to be a good choice if it would be permanently marking him and his best friend. His eyes were drawn to one set of matching Pac-Man tattoos right away. With a newfound sense of animation, he turned back to see both Michael and the man, smirking at him with understanding looks.

               "Those" Jeremy exclaimed, pointing to the Pac-Man images. Michael laughed and nodded, wrapping an arm around the shorter boy and dragging him over. He glanced back at the Pac-Man tattoos with approval written all over his face.

                "The matching Pac-Man tattoos, across the hips (Everyone always does wrist tattoos. I thought it'd be cute on their hips.)" The man checked, watching both the teenagers nod in confirmation. The man smiled again, bringing the boys back and setting them in the chairs. Michael watched the man prepare the needles and ink, before turning to his best friend again.

                "Shirts off Jer" Michael laughed, watching him blush all the way to his ears. He nodded sheepishly and slid his button up shirt off, not bothering with actually unbuttoning it. He then looked at Michael expectantly, Michael he only froze in response. Jeremy hadn't seen him without his baggy red hoodie in two years, and that wasn't supposed to end now. Jeremy sighed and stood, walking over and grabbing the zipper of Michaels hoodie and dragging it down. Michael looked dumbstruck as his best friend deprived him of both his old hoodie and his tank top. He blushed a deeper shade than Jeremy and sat back in the chair, watching as the tattoo guy laughed lightly at him.

                  They both underestimated the pain of a needle scarring images into their flesh, as they walked back to Michael's place for healing time. Jeremy was holding onto Michael's arm, wincing every time he had to move his leg and hip. But hey, it was worth it and it would look so cool when it was all over. Once they reached Michael's house they entered with relieved sighs and large smiles.

                "You can go sit Jeremy, I'm gonna look up Tattoo aftercare and get us whatever it is you need" Michael called, walking into the kitchen. Jeremy blushed at how sweet Michael was and made his way to the love seat, gently sitting down and getting comfy. Meanwhile, Michael was painfully rushing around the house, gathering cleaning supplies for the tattoos and all of Jeremy's favorite comfort foods. As soon as he was set, he ran back into the living room and sat next to his friend.

               "We have to keep them wrapped up for 3-6 hours, then we can carefully clean them and put on antibacterial ointment. I have all the stuff, and I brought you flaming hot Cheetos" he explained, handing Jeremy a Wii remote and starting up super smash bros. They played for a good long while, slowly getting closer to each other every round they played. Jeremy was stuffing his face with spicy Cheetos as he beat Michael repeatedly.

                It had been 5 hours when Jeremy decided he needed the bandages off. Nagging Michael had become a big thing in the past hour, and Michael was kind of just laughing at how cute Jeremy complaining was. Eventually, Michael nodded and slid off of the couch, kneeling in front of Jeremy and slowly undoing the bandages. He was on the last one when his thumb slipped and hit the injured area way to hard to be comfortable. Quickly panicking, Michael leaned forward and pressed his lips to Jeremy's hip, watching the boy quietly gasp. It was an act of instinct, but he felt happy doing it. Peeking down at Michael, Jeremy smiled, his face completely red.

                Michael ignored his own pain as he tended to Jeremy's needs, cleaning his hip and giving it small kisses as he worked. Jeremy was pretty into it, to be honest. Michael fixed him up and fed him Cheetos the entire time.

                "Feeling better?" Michael asked, watching his blushing friend nod. He almost snorted as he thought the word 'friend'. After today they better be more than that. Jeremy gave him a satisfied smile as he slowly drifted off on the couch. Michael sighed and went to take care of his own tattoo as Jeremy snoozed away peacefully. A productive day all in all.