"She's having a bit to eat " Curry let out a small yawn, giving Heyes glance to reassure himself he was not gonna be wise about it.

Heyes saw the hint and decided to let it go with a smile.

"She did not want us in there now, "Heyes admitted,"but you might be allowed."

Millie moved to the door and entered after a few timid knocks on it. She closed the door behind her.

Curry looked around, realizing that their cups of coffee were still in the bedchamber with Chyenne, and Mille.

"Drat !" he grumbled and walked over to the stove yet again, "well, I guess they can share ours too "

As the coffee brewed, he pulled out a cast iron skillet from the cupboard and set about fixing slices of bacon, eggs and frying potatoes as well as some vegetables.

Heyes sliced some homemade bread, generously given to them by Millie, as she seemed to constantly looking out for their wellfare.

The smells wafted round in the kitchen, and after a few minutes Millie stuck her head out the door.

"Boys.." she smiled from ear to ear, observing them, "can I get me and Chyenne some of that ?"

"But she got.." Curry began, but stopped in mid sentence, smiling, "Oh, I see "

Quickly he set a plate filled with the good smelling food, and brought it over to Millie.

"She likes your cooking Thaddeus " Millie poked him friendly in the chest. Somehow that made him feel mighty proud. Having somebody actually liking his food and telling him so, instead of having Heyes constantly bantering him about it, that felt good.

He cast an eye at Heyes, making sure he had heard it all.

Heyes felt a pang of something in his chest. Though he was glad for Kids sake, the knowledge that Kid had done something likeable in her eyes, made it taste bitter and sour in his mouth. Why did he feel this way ? Kid had just made breakfast, that's all.

Heyes turned away, slightly shaking his head at his own unintelligible feelings. He started setting the table to get his mind to engage in other areas, but his thoughts kept crawling back to Chyenne.

This was in fact alarming, it was scaring the shit out of him. Damned that woman !

"Good sign..." he grumbled, "she's having an apetite "

Observing his partner, Curry knew better as to leave him alone when seeing the look on his face.

Heyes slumped down on one of the chairs when he was done setting the table, looking glumly out the window.

The sun was climbing the sky, sending the early hours colors of the sky away, replacing it with a clear blue bright and shiny day.

Curry took Heyes' plate and generously filled it with the food, though he knew his partner seldom ate that much, then he put it back down in front of Heyes.

His own plate contained a considerable bigger portion, not leaving much left on the stove. As he sat down, the plate in front of him retrieved a numb look from Heyes.

"Seriously Kid " he asked silently, "Have you ever, even unconsciously, missed a meal ?"

He looked over at Curry, still not eating, instead he chased his food back and forth across the plate with his fork.

Curry on the other hand, as usual, had started to feast from the stuffed plate in front of him. At Heyes' question, he slowly put his fork down and met his eyes with his blue ones.

"You seem to forget that desert walk we did a while back...we both sure missed some meals there, remember ?" he started eating again, then he added between chews, "Not something I wanna endure, ever again "

"Ah " Heyes admitted smiling, "now that was an ordeal " Slowly he started eating, taking his time, still chasing the food around, but not as absent as before.

As they smalltalked, the door to the bedroom opened and Millie stepped out. She made a clear path to the stove, pouring some more coffee into the mug she held in her hand.

"How are you holdin' up in there ?" Curry asked as he finished his plate.

Millie stopped pouring for a second as she looked up and met their eyes.

"Oh, we're holdin' up quite nicely, thank you " her smile was heartwarming and her whole being breathed safety and homely atmosphere.

"She has been telling me some really good stories " her smile turned a bit to the side as she spoke.

At least that was what Heyes thought as he looked at her. A funny, yet nervous feeling felt it was time to emerge in his stomach and twirl around a bit. He shook it of with a shrug.

Millie returned into the bedroom, and the rest of the day and evening, seemed to go much in that direction. Them hoovering in the kitchen and Millie going back and forth between them and Chyenne.