Chapter 1

**Alexs POV**

Why do I even try? I'm a fuck up. I mess everything up, and I'm dumb. I lost my parents 3 months ago, and live with my sister. She's 24, and parties almost everyday. We live in Mooresville North Carolina. It's the middle of summer, and honestly, I love it here. We used to live in Florida, but when my parents passed, I moved with my sister. She has a nice, big house, but it's always empty. She's never home, so I take care if it. I have to buy my own food from the money I get from my parents. The only person I had to look up too, was my best friend, Sophie. She basically stayed over every night, and do everything together. It was July 7th, middle of summer, and it was going to a good summer. Tomorrow we were going to the beach, we had to drive a few hours, but it was going to be worth it.

**8am**

I woke up to Sophie jumping on my bed.

"Get up!" She screamed. I moaned and put the pillow over my face.

I decided to get up, and get ready. I changed into my swimming suit, and put my hair in a braid. Usually when we go to the beach, we just tan, so basically we could tan outside right now, but the beach was so much fun. Not only is it fun, there's hot guys.

Sophie was driving, so we ate, and headed to the beach.

**3 hours later**

When we arrived, we laid out our towels, and started to tan. It was nice, the sad part is, I'm 16 and my sister doesn't even know where I am. Sophie plugged In music, and we started listening to it. It was 'Stay High by Hippie Sabotage'

We tanned for a few, and we just did girl things. Like talked, tan, texted, I love girl days with her. It's so amazing.

"AYE WATCH OUT!" I heard someone scream.

I opened my eyes and felt a volleyball hit my face.

I say up, and rolled my eyes.

"What the fuck?"

I turned to see a blue eyed boy starring at me smiling.

I glared at him, and he stood up.

"I'm sorry,"

I stood up, and so did Sophie.

"Do you guys want to play?" A guy with a very nice body asked, and his smile was perfect.

"Uh." I said.

"We'd love to." Sophie said.

I gave her a glare, and rolled my eyes.

"Really Sophie?" I whispered.

"Well first, before we play, what are your names?" I asked

"Nash," the blue eyed one said

"Jack, Jack Gilinsky." The guy with nice eye brows said. I nodded.

"I'm Sophie, and this is Alex."

I have her a glare.

"I can speak for myself, dumbass."

Nash giggled, and they called teams.

"I get Alex," nash said.

I smiled, and gladly walked over to his side of the net. We played until 25, and me and Nash won. Sophie and Gilinsky were pouting in shame and it was kind do funny. We gave each other high fives, and danced with Victory. It was weird hanging out with Guys that we don't know, but it was fun. We invited them over to our spot, and gave them pops of their choice, and we chatted and hung out.

When it grew dark, we had to leave.

"Hey, Alex?" Nash said

"Yes?"

"Can I have your number? Just in case we wanna hang out again."

I smiled,

"Yes."

I gave him my number, along with Gilinsky. Sophie did the same. We packed our stuff and headed home. He was cute. I really hope we hang out soon.

When we got home we kept going on. And on about how cute they were. I got text from Nash.

Hey :)

Hi :)

What are you doing tomorrow?

Nothing, why?

Well I was wondering, or Gilinsky and I were wondering, if you and Sophie wanted to come surfing tomorrow?

Yeah, that'd great! But we don't really know how to surf haha.

We can teach you, don't worry haha!

Alright, so see you tomorrow?

Right! Goodnight!

Night.

I was actually happy to hang out with Nash, but it was weird. We didn't really know each other. But I was hoping we'd get to real soon. He seemed nice.. Plus, I didn't really hang out with boys. I kind of pushed them aside, I didn't pay attention to them.

Nash seemed like a cool person to be friends with.

I can't wait for tomorrow.