Chapter 2 waking up

SORRY it took so long but I have school and quite a bit of home work every night. I will update as much as I can.

------

THRANDUIL'S P.O.V

The bed caved slightly and I knew it was my little leaf.

I heard slight mumbling, but could not reply. I tried and only a slight sigh left my mouth, but the mumbling stopped and a soft female hand grasped the side of my face with out warning causing my face to whence in pain.

I felt weight and soft baby fine hair against my bare chest with the same soft cool hand now grasping my hand and placing it upon my little leaf as if knowing that is what I wanted to do. I took a deep breath and released hoping not to upset my little leaf, but to calm him and soon he was once again asleep.

The curtains were drawn but I heard no foot steps so I became curious. Soft luscious wisteria scented hair pooled upon my shoulder and slipped down to Legolas's head. I heard a small noise that resembled a kiss and then something pressed against my forehead. A warm sensation quickly turned cold as pressure left my forehead.

I moved my hand rubbing my little leafs back before wrapping my arm around him tighter. Opening my eyes to see a tired eyed Ercassiel starting to doze off. I soon realized I was in her arms and one of those hands rested under mine upon Legolas's little back the other set on my forehead.

I felt her face gently fall to the side and her hand slip from my forehead and entangled in my hair. I shifted just softly enough to keep from waking her or my little leaf. Her hand was still entangled in my hair, but I could care less. She had stopped the nightmares and kept them away with out letting Legolas find out.

I knew that I had heard my little leaf say something to her, but I could not believe the response she had to that one word and what Legolas said to her response. He, my little leaf the son of Thranduil had called Ercassiel the princess of a land on the other side of the ocean his Nana.

Thats when I realized Ercassiel was more of a mother to him them his own real blood mother had been. Thats also when I realized she knew me better than my wife, but of course our marriage was arranged and Ercassiel was raised with me. She could read me like a book. She knew my true feelings and that has saved me from alot of my ... mistakes. Yes I just admitted, I Thranduil king of Mirkwood have made many foolish mistakes and choices.

------

ERCASSIEL'S POV

Thranduil had moved and now I slept in the kings arms with one of my hands entangled in his soft golden blonde hair and the other on Legolas's back it to was still under Thranduil's. I woke up softly and moved carefully to keep from waking Thranduil.

I quietly slipped out of the king's bed and took Legolas with me, but not with out some sort of struggle from the sleeping Thranduil. I took the little leaf to his room where I woke him up.

"Come on my little leaf we must hurry and go if you want to get cake when we get back," I said smoothly to the waking child.

"Nana I don't want cake," the little one replyed.

"Why not my little leaf and sweet heart you know I'm not your Nana," I whispered looking worriedly at the child.

"I just want you to be my Nana when we get back thats all I want," the little Legolas said as he clung to my cloak and sniffled

"My little leaf I will be your nana from now on ok," I promised the oh so small and adorable child.

"Yay nana can we go on our walk now and can I still get cake when we get home," he squealed with joy.

"Yes my little leaf you can now lets go." I replied with a smile.

Legolas grasped a couple of my fingers and we began to walk down the winding halls of mirkwood. I grabbed my sword that set on my side and two poison soaked daggers and another with out lastly I gabbed my bow which was made of the finest wood from my home land and in crested was a unique design of rare gems from my home land we called moon beam, but here in Mirkwood they call it starlight. I like starlight better than moon beam it sounds prettier and more sacred. Now that I have my weapons and my armor I gently pull on my cloak and Legolas pulls on his quickly grasping my two fingers again.

"Nana come on we got to go," Legolas squealed with joy as we passed Thranduil's room.

"Shhh little one we don't want to wake your ada or do we? Legolas my little leaf come here," I smirked as I whispered out to him.

"Ok you got the plan my little leaf." I squeaked with mischief. "Yes but what if he swears Nana." He looked at me with wide eyes. " Then you do not repeat it." I said with a smile. "Ok yay I'm ready Nana." Remarked the mischievous looking child.

~~~~~~~~

THRANDUIL'S P.O.V.

I was so refreshed by all the sleep I had finally got, but I felt to comfortable to move or even wake up. I was so caught up in the comfort that I didn't realize someone had entered.

My eyes were ripped open when all of the sudden my body flew up from the bed with yelling and screams of laughter in the air around me. As quickly as my body left the bed it returned, but I fell into someone. It scared me at first so I cursed some elven curses, but I soon heard I told you so from a voice I knew very well. When my body returned to the bed I felt warmth a very calming warmth. I looked up to see it was a beat red Ercassiel staring down at me with a bright smile. Legolas began to jump on the bed so I lunged forward grabbing my son with out warning and he released a small scream of shock and giggles. I held him in my arms and leaned back against Ercassiel.

"Good morning Thranduil," She smirked.
"Good morning to you to my dearest friend," I smirked back with a look of revenge in my eyes.