Ummm...

What I'm about to tell you is very personal. It happened on Tuesday, June 6. Please do not tell others.

This is the news article, all places and names are removed.

"City police reported that Ronald --------, 34, of ------------, speeded up to more than 100 miles an hour when police tried to pull him over on ------------around 6 a.m. Tuesday. Police said the chase was initiated when, while parked at the intersection, they saw Ronald's pickup truck speeding into the oncoming east lane on ---------. They said he drove around multiple cars and crossed into the oncoming lane and through the red traffic light, then cross back into his lane. He nearly missed hitting a car in the westbound lane in front of the police cruiser, according to the police account in a criminal complaint.

As police tried to stop him, he speed up and wove in and out of lanes and failed to stop for other red traffic signals at speeds of more than 100 mph, they reported. He drove onto ----------- and stopped in the lot of a Burger King there, police said.

As Ronald got out of his pickup, an officer involved in the chase approached him with his gun drawn and handcuffed him, the report said. He reportedly told police he was driving fast because he was late for work.

The police impounded his pickup and found 2 grams of suspected marijuana, 16.8 grams of suspected butter — a rock form of marijuana — and one red glass pipe and a grinder, both containing suspected marijuana, the complaint stated.

Ronald is charged with fleeing and eluding officers, recklessly endangering another person, resisting arrest, possession of a small amount of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, careless and reckless driving, driving at unsafe speed, failure to stop at a red light (two counts), failure to keep right, and obedience to traffic signals. "

That man is my uncle.

He suffers from extreme bipolar disorder. His disorder led to extreme OCD.

He's been working at that Burger King for 15 years, and has never been late, taken a vacation, or missed work. Ever. He works multiple jobs so my aunt doesn't have to, but she wanted to.

He is related to me by marriage, and my aunt Dayna crumbled when she heard what happened. She paid the $10,000 bail.

My mom, a nurse, told my aunt, " I know the length of his problems, and thank God you got him out as soon as possible. He would have killed himself."

My uncle told me, "First of all, my truck is 9 years old, it can't even drive faster than 80, so the news is wrong. And I saw the police in the opposite lane, but never did I think they would turn around to chase me. My bass stereo was up and I didn't hear the sirens. When I noticed them, I was at the parking lot of my work. I decided I'd just get out and explain."

But they wouldn't listen. They tackled him to the ground and put a gun to his head. He went to jail for 10 hours before my aunt paid the bail.

Now, this man is the nicest person you could ever meet. And the officer that arrested him was someone who went to high school with, so he knew that this man would never hurt a fly. That would be like you arresting Shannon S., if you know who that is.

And about the Marijuana, it's legal in many states. Plus, he didn't even have much. My mom said I'd probably end up smoking some in my life, so what's so wrong?

I grew up with this man, I trust him with my life.

Ron's testimony is set for Wednesday, June 14.

Love,

Lacey