Chapter 16: Plan B

Start from the beginning

The only fingerprint registered was my own, so no one else can get in unless I really want them to.

I reflected all of this as I crawled through the tunnel easily and then unlocked the secured door. From there I crawled out into a small room.

The only things in there were dark artifacts and magical books that I felt were too powerful or dangerous to just let sit in my normal library where anyone could read it.

Walking to one of the more less filled cabinets, I unlocked the door slowly and placed the stone on a beanbag that had a ruin under it.

The sigil would put a sort of force-field around the stone, keeping people from tracking it and keeping the magic from leaking out to send any sort of call or signal.

Basically, it was a magic dampener that made it so no one knew the stone was here.

With that done, I crawled back into the hole and closed the door into the room before crawling back out of the room. Ignoring the slight sting that my hands got whenever they touched the metal walls and floor.

It was one thing I wished mother would have gotten rid of, my allergy to wolfsbane. While not as intense as a normal werewolf, I still had a slight allergy where if I was exposed to it long enough, I would get red itchy skin that might lead to blisters.

Now if I ingested the stuff, that would basically give me a cold that would last three days. And it was a painful three days but could possibly be passed off as a very serious cold.

Shaking my head to try and clear my jumpy thoughts, I crawled back under the patio and then went up the steps of the house intent on taking a shower.

I might not care if I got dirt on my clothes, but it would bring up a few questions from Ray, Gabriel, and Rosanna if I wasn't careful enough.

---------------------------

I yawned and rubbed my eyes as I opened the front door. There I was met at the sight of six vampires.

One of them shifted uncomfortably, "Is Perseus here?" The man read the name of what seemed to be a sticky-note, "We were sent by Gloria."

"Good," I said and felt pleased when they instantly met my eyes. I flashed them a gold yellow in response and saw them flinch, but sit up straighter, " You're going to protect one of my friends. Matt Donovan. I believe he is about to be controlled by Katherine Pierce."

As soon as I said the name I saw the men face show hints of disgust. Clearly, they didn't like her which was good for me.

"Katherine has threatened one of my other friends but you don't have to worry about her, she has protection as it is and can somewhat protect herself. Here is the information that you need to complete your assignment. If you have any questions or complaints you can reach me on this number. It will ring and when you answer say Jackson and I will respond Gloria. Think of it as a code-word, yes. Your motel keys." With that I held out the keys for the motel they will be staying at.

They nodded their heads and grabbed the keys and the files before speeding away. I shook my head, sometimes vampires just seemed dramatic sometimes.

Especially when it comes to dramatic exits.

I had just closed the door when it opened again (this time from a key though) and Tyler stepped through the door looking shocked.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I curled into Tyler's side, knowing he could use the hug.

"Mom got a email from Mason, he's in Florida. No details, no forwarding address, nothing. I-I think my uncle might be dead," Tyler stuttered out looking unsure of himself.

"I'll have someone look into it," I told him as I moved him toward the couch where I curled into him better.

Tyler responded instantly and accept the comfort I was giving as he pulled me into his lap and nuzzled my neck where my scent was most strong.

He inhaled a few times before I heard his heartbeat return to a normal rate. I curled myself into his neck and inhaled his scent and to make sure he didn't smell of distraught that he carried when he first entered.

"You okay?" I asked after a few seconds.

Tyler let out a shaky breath and moved away from my neck to nuzzle my hair. Like a mother pup might do to their child. "I think I'll be alright. Just let me know what you find," Tyler mumbled into my head.

We stayed like that for a few more seconds before I managed to get him into my bed (I would've made him go to his own room if I didn't know that he needed comfort more than being alone).

From there I curled into his side where he nuzzled my hair once more. Shifting to find a comfortable position, I quickly let myself go half to sleep.

The other half of me stayed awake and alert. Tyler was stressed enough, he didn't need any attacks on him right now, or any surprises.