Chapter:2

My heart thumps, what am I going to wear. It's obviously going to be something conservative. My rule of thumb is, if it's a V neck say no. If it's higher than your knees, say no. If it's higher than your elbows, say no. My whole life since I can remember I went through those rules.

Sarah scoots over to my suitcase. "Well if you're going to sit there and think, I'm going to chose your outfit for you!" Sarah waves threatening finger up in the air. ''Well if you insist.'' I get up off the bed, I make my way to the floor. I sigh. ''Madison! Look!'' Sarah pulls a pink floral dress out of my bag, I have forgotten that I put a dress in my suitcase. ''Madison! Wear this!'' I shake my head, once again remembering my rules. I bought this dress by accident. I ordered it off of H&M, online it looked like it was a long dress. Longer than my knees, but when I got it, it is a little bit above my knees.

''Come'on! It's not a slutty dress! It's acutally really nice!'' I consider it for a breif moment. ''Please! Just wear it!'' I give in. ''Fine'' Sarah claps her hands, I begin to pick on my nails. ''Madison, look you have a lether jacket! That will go perfectly with that dress. Now if you only have boots.'' I stick my index finger up, ''yes I do have boots'' Sarah screams. ''Yes! Madison is finally going to look normal!'' I raise a brow, ''ha ha very funny Sarah'' I say in a sarcastic tone, she winks ''I know.''

After an hour of Sarah tugging at my hair and painting my face, she finally hands me the mirror. ''Sarah! This is just perfect!'' My hair is in a neat yet sloppy bun. My lips are pink, pink like cotten candy. My eyes are light blue, yet they pop out with the heavy black makeup that was applied to my eyes.

Sarah hands me my dress and my jacket.

I twirl around in the small doorm room with the dress that I have on. I don't have any shoes on but I have on neon pink ankle socks. ''Here'' Sarah throws me my boots. The boots are black, but the top folds up to show a pink and black floral pattern. This is just way to much for me. With a charm braclet and a black hand bag I'm ready to go. It's 8:00 and Sarah is not ready. I'm hoping that she takes a long time to get ready, because I am scarred out of my mind to go to this party.

Sarah comes into the dorm room with a floral crop top, along with black high wasted jeans with a pair of black open toed wedges. Her light brown hair brightens up the room, her light green eyes are bold. Bold enough to show the power and feirceness in her eyes. Why cant I be like her? With her red lips, they just make her look confident. I wish that I was like that.

"Ready?" Sarah asks. My heart thumps, as my head nods. This is my first time ever going to one of these parties.

The red orange sunset fills the sky. It may still be the summer, but at least I'm able to live out my last few summer days before I hit the books. A big wave of heat overwhelms me once we step out of the door.

Sarah takes a seat in the drivers seat, she makes a hand gesture to me so I can sit in the passenger seat. I gently nod my head, and I take a seat in the car. Sarah turns on the radio, the song Blow Me One Last Kiss turns on.

"I won't miss all of the fighting that we always did,

Take it in, I mean what I say when I say there is nothing left

No more sick whiskey dick, no more battles for me

You'll be calling a trick, 'cause you'll no longer sleep

I'll dress nice, I'll look good, I'll go dancing alone

I will laugh, I'll get drunk, I'll take somebody home"

I lightly hum to the song. This song just takes me back, it takes me back to the days leading up to my fathers suicide. Or at least that's all that I remember.